All reviews breakfast was delicious guesthouse garden piet tranquility supper
Reviewed 19 May 2018 via mobile

I loved everything about it, friendly staff, great welcome even though we were late. I really loved it. I recommend for relaxation. Nice scones on arrival, didn't have any problem really. They could just work on the parking, I think it is not enough. Looooooooooooooooooooved itttttttttttttt

Date of stay: May 2018
Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 13 May 2018

From views overlooking the highway and city to endless time for relaxation at the spa, this place is the one for you. The staff are all so friendly and helpful, going out of their ways to make you feel at home!

Date of stay: May 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed 14 October 2017 via mobile

Will never return. The therapists and staff are inexperience and unprofessional. While in one of the treatments I eventually stopped the therapists and asked her to leave. While messaging us, there was 'n group of girls having a party. How are you supposed we "escape into our own heaven" with a party down stairs? Girls screaming and laughing, loud music while you get a massage? Does that sound right to anyone? So had to walk in a gown infron of these people who are dressed for a party? I feel that is false advertisement from your side. Please google what tranquility means.

Worst is, like many other complaints, the jucuzzi is sooooo dirty and they just wipe all of the dirt on the sides of the jucuzzi into the water -in front of us! No way will I sit in that jucuzzi. With my breakfast a found hair in my food which the supervisor did apologise but still I question your HACCP methods.

So as a suggestion read your reviews and actually DO something about this!

P.S you screwed up our one year wedding anniversary. I hope other people dont make the same mistake

Date of stay: October 2017
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank christelsmit
Reviewed 31 August 2017

Lovely, relaxing day at the spa, the therapists were friendly and professional and the massage was amazing! We had a great stay in the Piet my Vrou Room -very comfortable. Thank you to all the staff who made our stay memorable.

Room tip: Piet my Vrou Suite
Date of stay: August 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 August 2017

It actually started with the booking when my name was totally wrong after completed correctly on the quote request. When I rectified it, I was ignored and if not spoken.
Should have seen the warning signs then….

A very cold, unwelcoming, outdated venue. Not greeted properly at the door or introduced to the venue. No welcome drink & snacks on arrival as per quote. There were muffins and croissants wrapped in glad wrap – not sure if that was the snacks as the lady that opened the door just pointed where to sit, get some coffee and went back into the house.

We had booked a 60 min Full body Massage, 30 min Indian Head Massage, 30 min Hands & Feet Scrub Massage which started a 9h10 and ended 10h50 lost 20 minute in treatment? A steal @ R1640 for 2. Cheap Clicks Oil is used for massages. My husband had a trainee therapist that did not keep her distance and breathed the whole time in his face while doing the massage.

It was my birthday and they did not even bother to noticed it from the card that we had to fill in with a pen that was wet and dripping from water. No attention to detail at all.

The treatment rooms old, noisy, cold and unwelcoming and have not seen paint since the 70/80’s. Some fittings removed from the roof and not even bother to make it appealing. No mirrors in the room. Had to ask for the ladies room so that I can adjust myself for the next terrible experience…….the “Picnic”.

Picnic basket was terrible old food not suited for a picnic at 11h00 in the morning. The “hostess” is very unprofessional and seemed to be not hands on with the venue and services. Asked us where we would like the picnic. It is our 1st time at the venue, we do not know where it is usually served or what the options are. No setting for picnic provided. She did however mentioned that they usually put out blankets, not sure why we were not worth putting blankets out for.

Decided to rather leave then had to go and search for someone willing to open the gates.

Really people you have messed up my birthday

Just terribly unpleasant experience and I will not recommend to anyone.

Date of stay: August 2017