All reviews tsogo sun excellent service indian restaurant cape town exceeded my expectations two oceans go the extra mile room service pleasant stay enjoyed my stay close proximity lovely view breakfast buffet south africa excellent stay table mountain home away from home
Reviewed 25 December 2015 via mobile

Hotel was lovely. No turn down service which is a bit of a disappointment when you get back after a long day. Breakfast also ended at 10 which means I missed it most of the time as a result of having a baby to see to first. Aircons were a bit ancient. The staff were awesome and very friendly and accommodating.

Trip type: Travelled with family
Nabila C, Manager at Southern Sun Newlands, responded to this reviewResponded 27 December 2015

Thank you for staying with us and for your feedback.

During Season our breakfast ends at 11h00 due to the bigger numbers of guests. (On a "normal" day the breakfast closes at 10h30) Apologies that you were not made aware of this fact.

I may have discussed this with you but our air conditioners were recently installed.

I am pleased that you found the staff friendly.

The team and I look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 19 December 2015

On Vacation in Cape Town we stayed at this hotel that exceeded my expectations. Very clean, well air conditioned, and unbeatable view of the mountain. The stuff was very efficient and friendly. It was definitely a pleasant experience. Although a little further than down town and water front, it only takes 10-15 min by car to get there and the hotel offers shuttle service to anywhere in town

• Trip type: Travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Tsogo Sun Hotels
Nabila C, Manager at Southern Sun Newlands, responded to this reviewResponded 21 December 2015

Thank you so much for staying with us and for your detailed feedback.

I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay and that you found the staff friendly and efficient.

The team and I look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel soon.

Reviewed 19 December 2015

Perfect location for SA Schools National Waterpolo Tournament.
Have stayed at Hotel on numerous occasions never disapointed.
Excelent service and value all round.
Room equiped with refrigerator and top quality linen.
Definatly recommended.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Tsogo Sun Hotels
Nabila C, Manager at Southern Sun Newlands, responded to this reviewResponded 20 December 2015

Thank you for staying with us and for your lovely feedback.

As always, the team and look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 18 December 2015

I'm not going back there. Dusty rooms, slow to drain shower smells like hospital in room. Was just not too pleased with hotel. Rooms not inviting. Been to many SS's but this one is a huge no for me...

• Trip type: Travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Tsogo Sun Hotels

Thank for staying with us and for your feedback.
I am the lady that you informed about your discomforts and you can be rest assured that I have taken this up with the relevant department heads.

Again, my most sincerest apologies for the inconvenience we caused by supplying you with a room which smelt like a hospital and the slow draining shower. My General Manager and I really appreciate your comments.

This has been discussed with the team in order to improve our delivery in the areas highlighted by yourself. As a gesture of goodwill my General Manager has offered you a complimentary night at our hotel. If you accept the offer please email me at nabila.cassim@tsogosun.com and I shall ensure that I forward you the necessary documentation. Wishing you a wonderful 2016.

Reviewed 18 December 2015

An old hotel with updated charm. Rooms are clean and neat. Staff are courteous. Bed is very comfortable. Aircon a bit antiquated, but works. Breakfast is of a good standard. The Indian Restaurant attached is a winner. Avoid rooms close to the lift and service room.

• Trip type: Travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Tsogo Sun Hotels

Thank you for staying with us and for your detailed feedback.

I am most pleased to know that you enjoyed most of the comforts of the hotel.

The team and I look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel soon.