See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 31 August 2014

I had the pleasure of staying here for 8 days whilst my apartment was being renovated - so I needed a home from home. Jean was extremely helpful with the booking and the position of the place was beautiful. Bright, clean, spacious, with plenty of cupboard space too and with a door leading outside - I was very happy there. Positioned right next to a river- the sound of running water was also peaceful. This cottage comes highly recommended and for out of towners - the location is great! Many thanks Jean

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
Jean V, Owner at Sun Cottage, responded to this reviewResponded 2 September 2014

Thank you Kathy, for taking the time to write a review. Much appreciated.

Reviewed 17 December 2013

Sun Cottage was the perfect location for the few days which my two sons and I spent in Cape Town. The situation is ideal - very quiet but within easy reach of the city and airport and Newlands village, just five minutes walk away, provided everything we needed in the way of places to eat for every meal. Our hosts did all they could to ensure our comfort and enjoyment. If I ever have the opportunity to visit Cape Town again this is where I would like to come back to.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 3 October 2013

We stayed in the River room for the duration of our stay of 6 nights. This is a delightful B & B set in leafy Newlands. The sound of water in the little river alongside was great and assisted in helping us fall asleep. The location in Newlands is great with easy access to shops, pubs and restaurants. It is also within walking distance of Cavendish Square. Pity about the large spider and spiders webs that we found in the bathroom and the cobwebs in the bedroom. The double bed was a bit small for two of us because I have a large butt and that made turning over in my sleep difficult!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Tank09
Jean V, Owner at Sun Cottage, responded to this reviewResponded 6 October 2013

Thanks for the affirmations and also for the honest critical feedback. We are tightening up on checks in the rooms. Definitely not acceptable. I hope we see you back at Sun Cottage in the future.

Reviewed 1 October 2013

My daughter and I stayed in the Loft suite and couldn't have been happier with the comfort and attention to detail we experienced. No one would have thought that such a rural feel could be obtained in the middle of a well established suburb like Newlands! From the squirrels foraging in the garden to the burbling of the river at the bottom of the garden, and the beautiful ferns at the river edge, everything served to create a restful calming vibe.We left feeling rejuvenated and will most definitely make this our home base on return visits to Cape Town.

Room Tip: The smell of thatch is a bit overpowering in this room but we didn't have a problem with it!
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Jilldutoit
Jean V, Owner at Sun Cottage, responded to this reviewResponded 3 October 2013

Thank you Jill, for the great review. I am so happy that you enjoyed your stay and took time to soak in the tranquility and loveliness of the garden and surrounds. I hope you and your family will be back soon.

Reviewed 24 April 2013

Myself and two colleagues had the pleasure of staying at Sun Cottages for a period of five days. What a delight! The setting is absolutely beautiful and both the Loft Suite and River room fulfilled our every need. I would really recommend this B&B for business and pleasure trips.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business