“Great restaurant overall ”

Plaka Restaurant Cresta
Ranked #15 of 1,229 Restaurants in Johannesburg
Cuisines: Greek
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 6 March 2016 via mobile

My Hubby and I were excited to visit Plaka again after about 7 years since our last visit. I was really impressed that the decor, ambience and setting has remained positively considered over this period! The place is so elegant, clean, and has a lovely vibe and atmosphere with people of all ages.

Service was friendly and attentive but I didn't sense the waiter was "connected" to us as guests as he would have side conversations with other staff whilst serving us at our table.

Drinks- the Virgin Mojito is worth a try!

Starters - we had friend halloumi and grilled calamari. It was delicious!

Mains - I had lamb kleftiko and my husband had the highly recommended sardines. The lamb was soft and tender; however i felt the gravy was a let down- it tasted as though it had been made from a box "bisto" style. My husbands sardines Tasted good, but it would have been nice if there was a proactive attempt from the waiter to guide on the best of eating them. The fine bones were really a distraction to what could have been an even more delicious meal.

We didn't get around to having dessert purely because of time but I would highly recommend their ice cream with shavings of Halva.

Overall;
Great menu, decor, ambience
The manager was active on the floor
Food was tasty and just 1 star away from full 5/5
Would go back again.

3  Thank Marian R
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
There are newer reviews for Plaka Restaurant Cresta

Reviewed 27 February 2016

You feel like you are in another world, on a Greek island, with the white and blue decor, high ceilings and sunny large windows. The choice of Mezes is outstanding, ( dolmades, feta, haloumi, felafels) and the dip platter and pita were incredibly tasty. Service was good, accurate and fast, and the staff were very friendly. Will definitely be back!

3  Thank seattlecrew
Reviewed 21 February 2016 via mobile

Second time I've gone to Plaka and all I can say is that it was brilliant. Friendly, efficient and knowledgeable service and the food was, as with previous visit, exceptional.

3  Thank Kirchner v
Reviewed 20 February 2016 via mobile

I've been going to this restaurant for quite a few years and have always had a great experience from the food to the friendly staff.
Definitely on my top 5 list. Keep up the good work.

3  Thank Daniele G
Reviewed 16 February 2016

I have had only good experiences with Plaka at the Cresta Shopping Centre! The food never disappoints and the service is always great. I always feel welcome and like I am valued as a customer.

3  Thank CJ_Mynhardt