“Great service and food”

Cuisines: Portuguese
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

A group of 6 of us visited Mozambik last night and I was honestly blown away. Our wonderful waitress Lerato took good care of us and made sure our drinks were full, our food was there and we were well looked after. At the same time our manager Frank checked in on us and made sure our night was perfect. The food was also incredible!

VickyB2873, Social Media Manager at Mo-Zam-Bik Linksfield, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Hi Scott H

Thank you for your super 5 star review, we are so happy to hear that you had a fantastic evening with us from the food right though to the service. We look forward to seeing you again soon!

Kind Regards

Reviewed 4 October 2018

amazing food though there's room for improvement on the service. We sat for quite a while before our order was taken.

VickyB2873, Social Media Manager at Mo-Zam-Bik Linksfield, responded to this reviewResponded 6 October 2018

Hi evemafupa

Thank you for your review and the feedback on the slow service. We are very happy to hear that your meal was delicious. We will definitely be ensuring the service is speedier from now as well

Reviewed 3 October 2018 via mobile

Love the peri peri livers and chicken and the outside area and the staff amazing. Inside section just need a bit of warmth and ambience but we go for the food a lot

Hi shaunb7208

Thank you so much for your 5 star review, we are very happy to hear that you always enjoy your food and receive great service while visiting us!

Thank you for the feedback on our inside dining area, we will most definitely look into it!

Kind Regards

Reviewed 3 October 2018

we've been there a couple of times. The staff are amazing but the food wasn't great. I had prawns the first time and wasn't impressed and then I happened to be invited there again and then tried their chicken . Not great.

Hi twiggy555

Thank you for the review and your feedback, kindly send your contact details to vicky@mozambik.co.za we would like to give you a call regarding your experience

Reviewed 2 October 2018

Let me just say that I knew it was a waste of time when I tried to book the first time via e-mail because the website says you should book a day before and this was several days before...maybe over a week before, but we were planning a special trip to Johannesburg. You always hope, you see? So it was no surprise that nobody replied to my e-mail. I called to book a few days before the time again and spoke to a friendly guy who said our booking is made and I don't have to call in again. They would call us on the Saturday morning to confirm. Nobody did. I called around 4 that afternoon to confirm and they had our booking and confirmed it. Phew! We got hopelessly lost and I had to call your restaurant, confirm our reservation, ask for directions and try again. We called 10 minutes later and realized we were driving past your restaurant the whole time but it is so badly lit and surrounded by a parking area that we couldn't see it from the road. Right! In we go and there we are told that you have our booking but you don't have a table for us because there is a private function in one half of the restaurant and the only space available is if we go and sit outside. Nobody bothered to go and wipe a table down for us or set it for us, many tables open outside, not one of them set???!!! Really???!!! Even when we called for directions twice, nobody bothered to start making a plan for us???? I want to say....don't bother to plan anything special at Mozambik Linksfield, but they had a huge party there on the same evening, which totally contradicts that statement.
So after I asked the waitress to wipe down the table (because we were just left to sit there at the dirty dusty table outside)....at this point I might have appeared that I would be a handful for the remainder of the evening....a new waitress appeared....Busi who turned the evening around. Certainly nobody of any managerial distinction was alerted of booking mishap....nobody came to check on us or offer an apology....the staff that welcomed us obviously thought...."Meh!"

The food was amazing. We had your prawns with the cheesy grilled sauce over and the crispy warm Portuguese roll.....wow! My sister had an amazing steak and I had fishcakes. We shared a lovely creme caramel and had cappuccinos. It all was flawless.Busi's service was outstanding! Me and my sis usually have a fun evening together when we are settled down.

Throw your bookings book in the dustbin like Spur and be the casual steakhouse that you were born to be.....

There is a certain expectation created when an establishment takes reservations....and you're not it!

Hi vastiw

Thank you for the review and your feedback. Please accept our apologies for the huge mess that was your booking, the poor help while preparing you a table and finding our store experience, that is not acceptable at all. Rest assured, this matter will be dealt with, we have the booking option for our customers for piece of mind and forward planning and clearly it is not being managed at all.

We are happy to hear that you and your sister enjoyed your meal however and that Busi made your evening a happy one! I would like to request that you send your contact details to vicky@mozambik.co.za we would like to give you a call regarding your visit.