“one night on a nice trip”

Anasazi Inn at Tsegi
Ranked #4 of 4 Hotels in Kayenta
Reviewed 12 November 2015

small room and bath, felt like I was sent back to a 1950,s garage sail. loud (close to road) un comfortable bed. (old) would not recommend this place, unless there was no other choice. The motel restraint wasn't any better.

Room Tip: just pass it by
  • Stayed: August 2015, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 25 October 2015

The motel was built in the 70's and not changed since then. The room was rough but quiet. It had the needed essentials except the frig would not cool down enough to keep our food. We ate at their restaurant and dinner was simple but good and, of course, too much for me so I took a to go box thinking it would keep in the frig in the room but it didn't. Breakfast in their restaurant also good except for the occasional soap taste.

• Stayed: September 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 October 2015

I planned our trip to stay on the Navajo reservation and after searching reviews and prices and locations I chose the Anasazi Inn at Tsegi. The staff were friendly and helpful. The facility appeared to be a 1950's structure and the rooms were reflective of that sort of time period of roadside motels. The bed was good, the room clean, albeit rustic, and we were pleased with the choice. It was an experience I hoped to have. Within the paneled walls with single-paned windows, I felt a certain closeness to the past as the sound of a passing thunderstorm and the passing vehicles filled the night, I was warm and sheltered on Navajo land and my mind was free wander to the"what was it like then land."

Room Tip: The staff was very helpful when I made reservations.
  • Stayed: October 2015, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Monte S
Reviewed 24 September 2015

I have been to Monument Valley a number of times, usually staying in Kayenta. Everything was booked and I was traveling on a motorcycle. I was told to try Anasazi Inn. I reserved a room with no problem. I looked the place up and saw countless negative reviews and horror stories. I want to set the record straight.

This place is clearly not the Ritz, but it captures the character of its environment. If people insist on high living go to New York. The people are very pleasant and friendly. The Inn originally catered to coal mine workers in the area. It is likely closing.

Native Americans on reservation land do not have what many take for granted. The enjoy a simpler life. They appreciate and need the business.

The manager Patricia Manygoats is a real charm. The units are made from single and double mobile homes. They are much like a cabin in the woods. The restaurant is amazing. The food is fresh, and the portions are large. I had a BLT and got more bacon than lettuce and tomato; What a surprise. The Navajo fry bread is a must to try. So let it all hang out, and give yourself a more natural experience. Save a bunch of money too! I can even say I miss the place.
Bill C.

Room Tip: Beautiful mountain and canyon view out back windows
  • Stayed: September 2015, travelled solo
1  Thank Wess D
Reviewed 24 August 2015

We did not expect so much due to what we had been told about the structure. Actually it is basic, indeed, but not uncomfortable. The room is not huge but we managed to stock all our suitcases and bags. The bathroom is also very simple but clean and the whole lodge is sufficient for a stay of one night, after experiencing the magic of Monument Valley. Of course - no breakfast and no wifi.

• Stayed: August 2015, travelled with friends