All reviews four poster bed flamingo room beautiful house evening meal was excellent original features old victorian one night sa trip huge bathroom attention to detail small hotel quiet location garden route an early morning flight hotel restaurant breakfast and dinner shamwari game reserve
Reviewed 19 July 2018

The Hacklewood guest house is the most amazing place to stay. And excellent value for money. The rooms are beautiful and the bathrooms a place to linger. The staff are friendly and helpful. Dinner was delicious. I am definitely returning again.

Room tip: All the rooms are amazing
Date of stay: July 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 13 July 2018

The hackle wood was really great! The reception was very friendly and helpful and the food was exquisite !! Me and my wife really enjoyed our time there! I would recommend this place! The overall experience was pretty was outstanding

Date of stay: July 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed 6 July 2018

One of the best places I've ever stayed and just cannot wait to return. An extraordinary combination of luxury, subdued class, attention to detail, setting, views, dinner, breakfast, hospitality.... Simply not to be beaten. Just magic.

Date of stay: June 2018
Reviewed 25 June 2018 via mobile

We had a lovely stay. Excellent staff and facilities. Compliments to the chef for an excellent dinner served to perfection. I would love to come back soon! The staff are ever so helpful and attentive. I felt like family by the time we left.

Date of stay: June 2018
Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 27 April 2018

We were impressed by the level of service provided by the staff and the quality of the food. We stayed for one night because of its close proximity to Pumba Game Reserve. Parking and hotel security was good. I would highly recommend this hotel.

Date of stay: April 2018