“Oily Pasta”

Angelo's
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours
Reviewed 24 August 2014 via mobile

Anniversary dinner. Heard they have the best pasta in town. Disappointed and sick. Not going back soon?

Reviewed 24 June 2014

Even though you ALWAYS wait for your food, it is still worth it in the end. So if you are not in any rush or really hungry, then go to Angelos, fantastic value for money. I would suggest going to the Walmer branch though, spacious and great atmosphere. Staff are friendly.

Reviewed 30 March 2014

I visited Angelo's at the beach front this Sunday with a party of 8 people and will definitely not be going back. I visited the other branch in Walmer some time ago and was shocked at how long I had to wait for our food, but it seems this branch is no different.

Angelo's was recommended to us by a relative who lives in PE and we had some family down from Johannesburg so a seaside restaurant was the obvious choice.

We were presented with menus which were falling apart. The shift manager on duty who we complained to and had been working there for 1 1/2 months said she was embarrassed to use these menus and had asked the owners to replace them but to little avail. From our conversation it seems the owners don't seem to come to visit very often. Perhaps all is okay when they receiving a hefty monthly income?

We waited quite a long time for our food and when it finally arrived I was presented with chicken pasta without the parmesan cheese but grated cheddar. Pasta was mediocre and in no way was as delicious as it was when served years ago at the Parliament Street premises.

My wife, for the first time ever, sent her food back when it arrived. Duty manager also confirmed it was horrible when she had a taste.

A few of the sandwiches had cold chicken as they were obviously prepared first.

The place is very popular but can only assume they were there for the view and had come accustomed to tasteless or be it reasonable priced food.

Reviewed 11 March 2014 via mobile

I do not understand why this restaurant is so popular.

It has a very limited menu and the service is not that quick.

If you go there then the outside seating is preferable. Much quieter and great on a summers evening

Reviewed 12 October 2013

We had dinner at Angelos at the Beachfront this last week as the weather was gorgous and it seemed like an ideal place to go to.
We arrived after 7pm and it was busy but we managed to get one of the last tables.The table we sat at was dirty and although the manager came to wipe it down, it remained sticky so you could not rest any part of your arm on it without sticking to the table.
We ordered our drinks and they took a while to come, even though it was just a cooldrink and a glass of wine. We waited a very long time for our food to arrive and when it finally came, my chicken pasta was cold and lacking in sauce and had to be sent back to be warmed. It came back slighter warmer in spots but also very stodgy. My husbands pasta dish with shrimps was saucy and much fresher than mine. I know the chicken pasta is a popular dish and I can only think they had a big pot of it on the stove which had soaked up all the sauce.
I know that they are very reasonably priced but thats no excuse for serving food cold.The least one can expect of a restaurant is to get the basics right.
Because of their location I'd go back but probably for a coffee and a light meal in the daytime, rather than a dinner.