All reviews lemongrass restaurant restaurant attached car wash on site restaurant garden route superb location every morning indian ocean the ground floor first floor lookout beach secure parking guest house fantastic views beautiful room beautiful beach rooms are spacious
Reviewed 15 December 2011

Having returned from our trip to South Africa, I have finally got round to writing this review. Milk wood Manor is one the nicest hotels I have ever stayed at. The setting is simply beautiful with water almost all around you, Plettenberg itself is a lovely town and as we didn't have great weather, we will definitely be back to enjoy this stunning part of the garden route again. What made this hotel for us was the fantastic service we received from the owners. I really was sad to leave. A massive thank you to Kees who told me about a book I would love about elephants as I had just visited the elephant sanctuary nearby. The next morning at breakfast he had gone out and bought it for me and I was totally engrossed in the book for the rest of my trip! Another huge thank you to Margaret who sorted out a slight glitch with my room booking and made sure that I got the room that I wanted. They really went the extra mile and that is hard to find these days. We went for a drink at the nearby hotel The Plettenberg and whilst it was very nice Milkwood Manor knocked spots off it in terms of setting, service and price. If you go to Plettenberg Bay then this is the place to stay!

Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 December 2011

We cannot recommend this lovely guest house highly enough. Perfect position for many of the Garden Route sights. Owners very helpful and know the area well - staff very friendly and the attached Lemon Grass restaurant excellent. Real high light of our stay though was finding a perfect pansy shell on the sand spit opposite. I am sure we will return,

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 December 2011

We discovered Milkwood Manor on our trip down the Garden Route and my wife and I wished that we had the time to stop and spend a few more days. It is positioned right on the water's edge where the Keurbooms River meets the sea. Set apart from the rest of the town, it is only minutes from the village. The views are spectacular, the rooms are extremely comfortable and the attached "Lemon Grass" restuarant served us a magnificent fresh seafood meal. The friendly staff and warm atmosphere made us feel totally at home. All of this at a very reasonable price. We will definitely be back.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 December 2011

This is a lovely Guest House in a georgeous setting in Plettenberg Bay. Our beautifully decorated and spacious room had a terrace facing the sea, were we spent the afternoon reading. The staff is very friendly and we felt so taken care of. One morning we borrowed the sea kayaks (for free) and when we got back a bucket of warm water and a big towel was waiting for us to clean our feet. If you go to Plettenberg I definitely recommend you to stay here.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 December 2011

Great location on the waterfront, lovely restaurant attached, gorgeous rooms, laid back atmosphere. We really enjoyed our stay despite the rain

• Stayed: November 2011