All reviews situated high garden route beautiful view overlooking the bay warm hospitality enjoyed our stay attention to detail three nights beautiful place veronica plett taxi terrace robberg establishment
Reviewed 30 April 2018 via mobile

We stayed for three nights in a room overlooking the pool and the bay. Bit chilly for swimming but lovely for that glass of wine when the sun went down. Veronica was brilliant booking us three fantastic restaurants as it was a holiday weekend and gave us Glen’s number as a fab cabby! It is a bit of a walk up the hill so a cab is a must but very good value.

Breakfast was super and the ladies charming. Felt very special! Thank you.

Date of stay: April 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Bosavern, Manager at Bosavern Guest House, responded to this reviewResponded 2 May 2018

Thank you very much for your positive feedback.
It is really great when guests enjoy their stay with us - Veronica is delighted that you enjoyed the restaurants she booked as well as Glen our taxi driver!
We hope you enjoyed the rest of your stay in South Africa.
You will always be welcome again at Bosavern.

Reviewed 23 April 2018

Beautiful guest house with stunning views out over the Bay. Great location - 15 mins walk to centre of town
Veronica the manager couldn't do enough for us - made great recommendations for restaurants and organized transport to and from the restaurants with Glen her driver
Lovely breakfast - would highly recommend

Date of stay: April 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Bosavern, Manager at Bosavern Guest House, responded to this reviewResponded 24 April 2018

Thank you so much for your positive comments - we are delighted you enjoyed yourselves.
We all loved having you with us and we would love to have you back any time.
Kind regards
The Bosavern Team

Reviewed 27 March 2018

excellent guest house .Made very welcome .The owner arranged dinner before we arrived at two local restaurants which were first class .This was very kind as when we tried to book online all the local restaurants were fully booked .Guest house is in spectacular location overlooking the bay .Great views .Star gazing was possible .Southern Cross visible .The facilities were excellent and the kitchen staff were lovely making you whatever breakfast you wanted . We all agreed this would be a place to return to .

Room tip: lower rooms direct access to sun deck and pool
Date of stay: March 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Bosavern, Manager at Bosavern Guest House, responded to this reviewResponded 28 March 2018

Thank you so much for your encouraging and complimentary comments.
Our Manager, Veronica, who made the bookings, is very pleased you enjoyed the restaurants she recommended.
We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay and that the kitchen staff and breakfasts met with your approval.
We would be more than happy to have you stay with us again.

Reviewed 6 March 2018

We spent a wonderful week at this guest house. Veronica the manager could not have done more to help prior to our visit when she booked us restaurants for our stay and she and her lovely staff looked after me for the first couple days with cups of tea and TLC when I arrived with a cold! The guest house is really lovely, overlooking Plettenberg Bay. I enjoyed our stay there more than in a 5 star hotel to be honest. It felt like we were guests in someone's beautiful home. Our room was spotless and very spacious. A lot of attention had been paid to the decor and the welcome gifts on arrival. We hope to visit Plettenberg Bay and Bosavern Guest House again on our next trip to South Africa.

Room tip: I didn't see the other rooms but ours was downstairs with a terrace leading onto the gardens and it was wonderful.
Date of stay: February 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Bosavern, Manager at Bosavern Guest House, responded to this reviewResponded 7 March 2018

Thank you so much for your positive and encouraging comments We are very happy you enjoyed your stay.. Everyone really loved having you with us and it would be great to have you back.
Wishing you all the best in your travels back home.
Fond regards
Barry, Veronica and the Bosavern Team

Reviewed 29 January 2018 via mobile

We stayed at this guest house for 3 nights in January, on returning to freshen up on the 3rd evening my wife noticed that her jewellery box had been tampered with, it was in a locked safe ( key operated ) thankfully nothing was missing, I then checked my English money, I was horrified to find part of it missing, I immediately contacted the Manager, who advised me that she would contact the owner in the morning, ( first mistake ) after breakfast we met the owner who informed me that he had interviewed the staff, the staff had worked for him for a very long time, he asked me to if I could have made a mistake, I am 100% certain that this money was taken from this safe, he then asked if I would like to get the police involved, the Manager then said it was a Sunday and no one would come out until Monday ( second mistake this is Plettenberg there is a Police station there ) the Manager then said we would have to come back tomorrow and wait until the Police arrived, I then said we would leave it as there was no way we were coming back tomorrow.
On checking out I advised the Manager that I would be writing this experience on Trip Adviser, her reply was “it will open up a can of worms”

Date of stay: January 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
4  Thank Adriansholidays
ormevse, Manager at Bosavern Guest House, responded to this reviewResponded 3 February 2018

We have been in the process of carefully discussing and exploring the best manner in which to respond to this allegation of theft - not only as a long-standing guest house on TripAdvisor with an unblemished reputation, but also as an employer.
We have no reason whatsoever to suspect the staff member who was on duty in the room from stealing and she is fully prepared to swear under oath in a court of law that she did not in any way tamper with the locked safe in the room.
As an employer, we have to carefully consider unproven allegations.
As can be seen from our reviews, we endeavour to make sure that our guests are happy, relaxed and comfortable.
It is our sincere regret that you left us after 3 such happy days which, sadly, terminated in such distress.