All reviewspark stationbar pubconstitution hillinner citynice breakfastfresh fruitlaundryafrica
Reviewed 1 April 2018

The hotel on its own is very central. Surrounding by great pubs and restaurants. The bannister restaurant has an amazing atmosphere. The rooms are exactly as they are advertised. Very clean and quiet.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Alice R, Manager at The Bannister Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 25 June 2018

Thank you for your lovely review! We look forward to hosting you at The Bannister again soon

Reviewed 18 March 2018

service was poor, no tea and cattle, the room was not state of the art, the shower does not have a door, wifi is too slow, the room was cold, the extra blanket recieved was to small, behind the bed was filled with dirt.

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled solo
1  Thank dmotsh988112
Reviewed 18 February 2018

This is close to universities, area was good with easy transport links. There are a lot of bars and places to eat nearby. Close to Mandela bridge, constitution hill and Park station. the hotel has a really good bar downstairs which also serves good quality food that is well priced. Overall a good base for a trip to Johannesburg.

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled solo
1  Thank rradeb817527
mondemanci, Front Office Manager at The Bannister Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 22 February 2018

Good day RRadebe817527

We are so glad to hear that you had an absolute blast and you think our establishment is trendy.
It's our priority to render good service to all our guests.
We hope to see you on your next visit.

Reviewed 6 February 2018

The worst service I've ever received from the hotel!!.Had to park my car in the car park but they couldn't help me because they didn't want to get rained on.They made me wait outside until the rain went down before they could open for me.There were no towels in my room.The last time the shower enclosure was leaking water.The water ran down on the floor soaking my shoes.Went to the hotel multiple times and was never informed that my booking included breakfast.The receiption staff was rude to my partner and I during the stay when we communicated the issue regarding parking.The breakfast we received was substandard no butter to use on the toasted slices of bread.

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 January 2018

Everything was fine, even check in 8 am was free, no extra costs, restaurant has reasonable prices
electronical cards, safe, quiet rooms, staff were friendly, supermarkets are near, railway station is near

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
andrewb-6, Owner at The Bannister Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 15 January 2018

Thanks so much. Glad you enjoyed your stay.