“Unfortunate "misunderstanding"”
1 of 5 bubbles Review of Cottage Inn

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Jerome
Cottage Inn
Ranked #4 of 4 Jerome B&B and Inns
Prescott, Arizona
“Unfortunate "misunderstanding"”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 February 2011

I was trying to make a reservation, about a week in advance, for the Valentine's day weekend. Everything went fine, until I provided a credit card number in an email. After not receiving a response for two days, I mailed the innkeeper - Al - back, to which a reply was not forthcoming. The next day, I left a message with the inn, as well as an associated business, and got a call back later in the day, from Al, informing me that there had been a misunderstanding, and the room was not available. Al assured me that an email had been dispatched regarding this matter, though I am extremely doubtful. To be frank, I suspect my pending reservation was bumped.
I was looking forward to the stay, but am afraid I'll never get to experience the Cottage Inn in person. For the highest good, I suppose.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank bukakke_bill
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Families
Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 November 2009

My husband and I stayed at the Cottage Inn on our way back from the Grand Canyon. The historical home is full of charm and gave us the true Jerome experience. The guest quarters were large and well appointed. The hospitality of the innkeepers, the wonderful breakfast, and the charm of the area make this a true gem. The Cottage Inn is kinda' tucked away and off of the central area of downtown Jerome - which really makes it a best kept secret. The owners were wonderful, knowledgeable about the area, and we LOVED their two Newfoundland puppies! And of course the cat named "Nasty." We recommend this for anyone who wants to experience the true flavor of Jerome!

• Stayed November 2009, travelled as a couple
Glendale, Arizona
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 June 2006

The proprietors and the B&B were absolutely charming! If you want a retreat for relaxation OR a place to stay while seeing the area, I recommend the Cottage Inn B&B! I felt I had just stepped into my grandma's house...the B&B was built in the early 1900's and decorated accordingly. It was clean and welcoming. At night, I wrapped one of their homemade afghans around me and sat in the private garden to enjoy the peace and quiet and cool mountain air. The next morning, the host left a tray of coffee outside our door. An hour later, we were invited to the main house & treated to a GRAND breakfast.

The proprietors shared some of their knowledge of the area and its history. This deepened our appreciation and enjoyment of all the sites we visited in Jerome.

We have already booked another weekend at the Cottage Inn for later this summer. We plan to see Jerome again and take the Verde Canyon Railroad ride in nearby Clarksville. We won't have time for the nearby Out of Africa park, but hear it is worthwhile. I guess we'll save that attraction for our next visit.

I can't describe the calming effect of staying at the Cottage Inn. Let's just say I hated to leave! It was quite serene.

Stayed June 2006
Arizona
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 June 2006

My wife and I and another couple stayed at the Cottage Inn of Jerome bed and breakfast on the night of May 27, 2006. It is not a 5 star resort in the normal sense, but rather it is a very quaint old home. I think that it was built about 1913. It was spotlessly clean. In addition to the owners' area, it has two suites, the patio suite and the garden suite. We stayed in the patio suite which has 2 bedrooms joined by a parlor. It opens out onto a patio with an absolutely stunning mountain view. The garden suite has one bedroom with a king sized bed. This suite opens out to a beautiful garden which is meticulously maintained as is the entire house and suites.
A very big attraction is that the rate includes a full, very full, multi course breakfast in the home's dining room. When I walked into the house for breakfast, my breath was taken away by the large absolutely beautiful collection of china, most exquisitely displayed in every nook and corner of the home. Breakfast was prepared and served by one of the owners. The table setting and food presentation was more elaborate than many I have seen in famous European dining rooms. There wasn't a speck of dust anywhere in the house or our suite. All in all, this was a very spectacular, awesome experience and we definitely plan to visit the Cottage Inn of Jerome again!

• Stayed May 2006
Hamburg
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 October 2005

Please note: this is a REAL review by a REAL tourist from our trip to the USA from 29.8.2005 until 22.9.2005.
This is accommodation # 5 of that trip
If you want to follow the trip, the hotel before this was The El Rancho Hotel Gallup, NM, the hotel after this was The Aspen Inn Flagstaff, Az.

Jerome is a cozy village with 500 inhabitants and the Cottage Inn is a cozy accommodation that perfectly matches its’ surroundings. This is not like your typical bed & breakfast but more like a holiday flat or staying at a friends’ house. Basically you get a little apartment of your own within the house of the owner with separated entrance, kitchen, fully furnished, with garden, and porch. This place is country life so it’s very quiet and if you have appreciation for this (nature, garden, privacy), it’s like a little paradise, but maybe not as clean as you’re used to from hotels and other b&b and you shouldn’t be too afraid of some insects here and there. The owner was very caring and presented us early morning coffee + a full and very tasty breakfast every day. We liked everything a lot but if you’re usually more into hotels, maybe this is not the very first b&b you should try.

• Stayed September 2005
3 Thank joeycoco

Been to Cottage Inn? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK