“The top of the world!”
Review of Ghost City Inn

Ghost City Inn
Ranked #1 of 4 Jerome B&B and Inns
Reviewed 7 June 2012

Visiting Jerome for a wedding I happened upon The Ghost City Inn, which was a delightful experience across the board. The breakfast was delicious, fresh fruit and French toast to die for! The owner was gracious and friendly, very knowledgeable about the area and made excellent suggestions, she even sent info in advance by snail mail so I could book a train trip on a vintage train. My room was clean with a killer view of the valley and decorated in a fun and whimsical way that reflected the overall style of the town. I loved it and would stay there again in a heartbeat.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the second floor in the front, the view is stunning.
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled with friends
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
There are newer reviews for Ghost City Inn

Reviewed 8 May 2012

We stayed in the Cowboy room. It was very small with a cheap hollow door. It had a nice bedstead. The bathroom was quaint and old fashioned. The back side of the house in particular needed paint badly. The second floor sitting room had flea market furniture. There were rules for when you could eat and penalties for late check in. (The host in in law enforcement.) Coffee was not available unti 7 AM; we like it at 6 AM. The hostess was more efficient than friendly-not much time for small talk. Small talk is a reason we like B&B's.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Resque
Reviewed 3 May 2012

We booked our vacation in Jerome months in advance. We had no idea we would meet such special people like Jackie and Allen (the proprietors) moments after we arrived. The room felt like home, the breakfast far exceeded expectations. With cookies in the afternoon and engaging conversation each time we ran into the hosts and guests, the Ghost City Inn was harder to leave than home.

Room Tip: All of the rooms have a perfect view of the Verde Valley and the sunrise.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 May 2012

My husband and I had been to Jerome a few times over the years but had always been passing through, we noticed the Ghost City Inn on one visit and decided we would stay there on our next trip, So in August 2005 we were back in Jerome and The Ghost City Inn.
We were met by the then housekeeper Dana who showed us to the Cleopatra room which is named after the hill on which it stands, The view from our first floor verandah looks out onto the Verde Valley, a breath taking view especially at sunrise and sunset.
After tasting the peanut butter homemade cookies I couldn't wait for morning and the breakfast, We didn't know what to expect when we joined the other people around the big dining table.. Dana brought tea and coffee and fresh fruit salad followed by decadent french toast which was like a thick square of cake, it was topped with fresh cream and three sausages! I must say it was a little too sweet for me so I only ate a bit and was a little dissapointed, my husband ate it all..
Dana gave me the recipe and I made the decadent French toast and Peanut butter cookies in my food tech class when I returned home, the students loved it!
I would deffinately stay again if we are ever in Jerome again..I also recommend the Verde Canyon railway journey which goes from Cottonwood..

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 30 April 2012

We drove to this B&B based on the reviews in Trip Advisor and we were not disappointed. Jackie was so friendly and helpful; place clean, quiet and comfortable. And the view from the front porch is spectacular. Jackie's home made cookies every day and breakfast were first rate. Hope to make it back to Jerome and will book the Ghost City Inn in advance to make sure we have another great stay in this fun, laid back city.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Jerome
10.3 km away
The Tavern Hotel
#2 of 7 in Cottonwood
10.6 km away
Best Western Cottonwood Inn

Been to Ghost City Inn? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK