1,028 results
All reviews old cars classic cars unique experience take pictures one night tee pee cozy cone wig wam route experience cool place route history bucket list fun place to stay movie cars small museum rooms are small classic route
Reviewed 11 November 2017 via mobile

The Wigwam Motel is quaint from the moment you check-in until you check-out. It does help a great deal if you have seen the Cars movies. From the neon sign to the old cars and trucks parked around in front of the wigwams, it's a young boy's dream hotel on a trip out West. Petrified wood is laying everywhere including very large, beautiful pieces in the office where you check-in. One tip I will give is that if there's anything you're wanting to buy from the office (the t-shirts are pretty cool), buy it when you check-in as you only drop a key in a box upon check out. The Wigwams themselves are small as you would expect, but the air conditioner worked great and they were clean and nicely decorated. The beds are full size I would say, and I am used to a king size,but that's a small thing compared to the experience.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 28 October 2017

We loved the idea and the old cars parked outside were beautiful. We DID NOT love the constant tooting of the train horns throughout the night. The railroad runs just behind the motel and every one of those mile long trains liked to let us know that they were going through Holbrook. Definitely a motel for deep sleepers!

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 24 October 2017

We had the opportunity to drive Route 66 and our plan was to stay at historical motels on the way. The Wigwams are a step back in time. They are a decent size for a couple and quite interesting. If you are looking for major amenities, stop and take a picture and continue on. A one night stay would let you appreciate what travelers stayed in the past. Support the merchants on Route 66 as they are disappearing.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank JREMKE54
Reviewed 22 October 2017 via mobile

Love the concept but the reality is different!
Wigwams with old vintage cars parked outside of them look great and I believe the owner has kept the insides totally original since day one except for the mattresses?
Love nostalgia but sorry still believe certain standards have to be met.
Very noisy from the trains nearby, rooms basic, WiFi poor, great to see but wouldn’t return.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank mcadamwj
Reviewed 18 October 2017

We were on our way through Holbrook, AZ to the southern entrance to the Petrified Forest/Painted Desert National Park when I noticed this classic 1940s era kitschy motel. I just had to stop and take a few photos.

I love the old roadside attractions. I guess a lot of people do, because there is a recommended 2 weeks for advance reservations. All the units were full when we were there.

The offer 2 double beds or 1 queen bed. The full bathroom has a stand up shower only, no tub. The units are non-smoking only.

I didn't plan ahead for this kind of experience, but it would be nice to do sometime.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business