All reviews yogurt huge closet full size fridge soy milk nice hotel in great condition spring training facility location was perfect stay at this hotel again pool and hot tub minute drive sausage every morning staff was very friendly front desk staff pans microwave
Reviewed 1 September 2018 via mobile

The rooms are nice, the staff was really kind and the location was perfect (right off I-10)... the only drawback was the entryway to the lobby, it’s just 2 sets of doors - not sliding doors or anything, just regular glass doors - not double wide doors, just a single frame glass door - one right after the other. I wasn’t even sure i was entering the lobby, it felt like i was sneaking in the back - but in the front!

Thankfully i was traveling with only a carrying case this particular trip, if i had my larger gear, getting into the hotel would have been a real nightmare.

Other than that, it’s a really nice hotel and had a great breakfast.

Stayed: September 2018
Lisa R, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Phoenix Goodyear, responded to this reviewResponded 4 September 2018

Dear DoubleOIncognito,

Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel. We value your honest feedback. We are pleased that you found our staff to be kind and that you enjoyed the breakfast. We sure wish we had been built with automatic doors. Maybe in some future renovation we'll have our wish.

Thank you so much!

Lisa Reyes

Reviewed 22 March 2018 via mobile

We chose this hotel as it was close to the Reds Spring Training facility. It seems to be very recently built, clean and well kept. It had a nicely equipped gym, outdoor pool with hot tub, and an outdoor grill if you want to bbq. Breakfast was good, it had eggs, sausage, breads, yoghurt and they even had soy milk to go with your cereal!The lobby had coffee and tea all day and plenty of citrus water. The staff was extremely friendly and helpful. Our room was cozy and comfortable with a full size fridge, small stovetop, dishwasher, toaster, utensils,super huge closet with a laundry hamper, couch, and king size bed. I’m not sure if all floors had this but we were on the 2nd floor in 212 and I noticed a communal lounge area with TV that you could potentially entertain people if you didn’t want to be in your room. It was less than 5 minutes to Goodyear Park and you could drive 10 minutes to shopping and restaurants, not a walkable place yet. There is a lot of development going on so maybe in the future there will be walking distance amenities. I really liked this hotel and would definitely stay again.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Claudette C
Reviewed 20 March 2018 via mobile

Clean and new and very well kept. Great large rooms. Best closet organizers in any hotel! Front desk staff exceedingly helpful and friendly. Great amount of parking. Nice breakfast. Clean pool! Near food selection of restaurants.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank anagorski
Reviewed 23 February 2018

I was sent to Goodyear on business and chose the Townplace Suites based entirely on location. Some of the reviews I read were not very pleasant in terms of rowdy folks raising cane late into the early mornings. I experienced none of that and was there from a Thursday to the following Thursday.
The Good Stuff...
Free breakfast was wonderful and had eggs, meat, oatmeal, baked items, waffles, milk and juices, etc. It was available from 0600 every morning. Everything was hot and the attendant was very outgoing and welcoming.
Housekeeping was fantastic, the room was very clean, television had enough free channels available, full size refrigerator, cooktop, pots, pans, silverware, plates, glasses and mugs supplied, microwave, tons of storage, AC held 70 degrees with ease.
Lobby was small but welcoming, staff was very friendly and responsive. Exercise room was nice, pool and hot tub were in great condition. Bed was comfy, couch and chairs were great too. Water pressure was ok and the hot water got hot quickly. Parking was near to the room. There are so many food choices within a 3 minute drive that the hardest part is deciding which. Over 7 days I had 7 different lunches and dinners at 7 different places and each were exactly what I hoped for.
The not so good stuff...
2 times I got back to the room near and after 5 PM and housekeeping had not even started yet.
I ran out of Kleenex once and toilet paper once. They were promptly replaced and the staff was very apologetic.
Over the weekend the breakfast was not ready at 0600 and we had to wait just 15 minutes but it was good.
Overall I was very pleased with my stay and will book this hotel again.

Room Tip: Don't be afraid to ask for specific room locations, the staff is very responsive.
  • Stayed: February 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed 20 February 2018

I stayed in this hotel 3 weeks in a row, checking out the end of each week. Each week I had a new lesson in pain. The first week, they gave me the wrong room and tried to charge me for the upgraded room. Took almost an hour to get corrected. The next week, I did not receive housekeeping for 4 days. Each evening I would speak with the front desk and they assured me it would be cleaned the next day. I also had to search for soap and coffee every night! I notified Marriott of these issues and the next time I checked in the manager accosted me and told me there must be something wrong with the Concur system as my rooms were correct. She also told me that according to housekeeping my room was cleaned everyday with the exception of one day (a do not disturb sign was on the door). There was never a do not disturb sign on the door. There was no arguing with the manager as she stated I was incorrect! Also during this check in they tried to give me the wrong room. I showed them my confirmation from Concur and they said that Concur was wrong. I took whatever room was available just to get away from the manager! During my stay the AC compressor made a loud and horrible noise. I called the front desk and was told that no one was available to fix it and to just turn the AC off! Really, turn off the AC in the desert! No one came to fix the problem the next day and I called again with the same response. Finally I called Marriott Gold support. in response to my issues they gave me points; which was great, but unsure I can stay at this hotel again!

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled on business