“Homey bbq”

Cuisines: American, Barbecue
Good for: Child-friendly, Groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Delivery
Reviewed 13 August 2015

We have eaten at Joe's many times and it is consistently very good. The cafeteria style of getting your food isn;t my favorite but it works here. It feels like you are at someone's house bbq, especially when you sit out on the grassy patio. Kids are running around and people seem to be in no hurry to leave. I usually get the big potato with pulled pork on top and take half of it home for later. My husband loves their brisket and pulled pork dinner. The sandwich isn't that good of a value and the sides are always good. The relish bar is a must to put the pickled peppers and onions on the meat and/or potato. It completes it for me. Lunch time and dinners are usually very busy but the line moves pretty quickly.
It's fun to watch the downtown visitors, it feels kind of like you're part of a community.

Reviewed 13 August 2015

If you're looking for great BBQ food then Joe's your place! They even make their own root beer! It's a casual place for friends and family alike. This place is the bomb!!!

Reviewed 13 August 2015 via mobile

Always a good experience. My favorites are the baked beans and brisket. I prefer the spicy BBQ sauce and add the complimentary jalapeños and onions on top of everything.

My kids like running around outside and the cornbread.

I always go on my birthday for the free ($10) meal.

Reviewed 13 August 2015

Joes is a great place. It's usually got a long line which tells you how popular it is. You wait in line, review the menu, fill your drinks, then order your meal. They usually have your plate completed by the time you get to the register to check out. I highly recommend the chopped brisket! Delicious! Choices of toppings and sauces (my husband says the spicy one is his favorite, by far).

They have cute, old fashioned touches like $0.25/coffee, throw back candy from our childhood, home made root beer...lots of cute decor with tractors and farm equipment and signs on the wall.

Joes is a great place for the whole family. Group seating is no problem and when the weather is cooler, the outdoor tables are fun, with a big grassy lawn the kids all love to run around and play on.

Our favorite time to visit Joes is on our birthdays. They generously give you a $10 credit on your actual birthday (not the day before or after, only on THE day). A fun tradition for our family :).

Reviewed 13 August 2015

Best BBQ place in Phoenix area. Great atmosphere, with great food. Don't be surprised if their is a line out the door.