“Great place in the heart of Old Town”
Review of Cottonwood Hotel

Cottonwood Hotel
Ranked #2 of 6 Cottonwood B&B and Inns
Reviewed 6 August 2011

I have stayed at the Cottonwood Hotel several times - the innkeeper now knows me by name. I have stayed in three different rooms there and each was perfect for my needs. This is a historic hotel and each room is unique. Several times I've stayed here while traveling solo, and once with a friend. Each time I had a great stay. The innkeeper provides environmentally-friendly products in the showers & sinks, the beds are very comfortable, and the small kitchen was great to have. This is located right in the heart of Old Town, on Main Street, so there are lots of great shops and restaurants within walking distance, including two wine-tasting rooms. The only complaint I had here was the heater was very loud in one of the downstairs rooms I stayed in - it made a repeated banging noise that woke me up every time it was running. I also wish there was a more generous cancellation policy, although I've never had to cancel. Otherwise, I love staying here.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled solo
1  Thank VelvetDevil

Reviewed 4 August 2011

The Cottonwood Hotel has history and pizazz. Karen, the owner, did a lovely job remodeling the rooms. I especially loved all the personal touches and wonderful bath products she provides. Karen is warm and friendly and wants her guests to be comfortable and safe. It's fun to be in Old Town Cottonwood too. Some great eateries!

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled solo
2  Thank Kaulana6
Cottonwood_Hotel_930, Owner at Cottonwood Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 27 March 2013

Woman traveling alone have always felt safe and frequently return to the historic Cottonwood Hotel. Not only the small upper floor hotel being secured with a locked entrance door, you can also safely walk to a choice of several popular restaurants for breakfast and dining or places for an evening cocktail in a small safe downtown revived Main Street.

Reviewed 7 July 2011

after travelling for months it was great to have a space I could prepare my own food and a living area away from the bedroom. Karen is a delight and extremely caring and helpful and the perfect host in all ways!! definitely recommend this hotel!!

Stayed: July 2011, travelled solo
1  Thank traveller48915
Reviewed 15 May 2011

I was very happy, because I could meet with my parents in such a lovely hotel! The great service made our trip enjoyable and relaxing. I really liked the room because of the nice bed, kitchen and organic bath. The excellent service from the owner and wonderful weather and historical sites refreshed me and gave me a lot of energy. I am looking forward to staying at Cottonwood Hotel again. Thank you very much!

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank mu2ko
Cottonwood_Hotel_930, Owner at Cottonwood Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 30 August 2012

Thanks again for your great review of our little hotel and your interest in historic places to stay. I look forward to your next visit and taking you on that vortex tour!

Reviewed 11 May 2011

I stayed here before and loved it. Our hostess (owner Karen Leff) showed us to our suite and explained where everything was and how it worked including the things particular to an older building. Karen also told us about the TV/VCR which I wasn't interested in until she recommended watching some AZ made movies and gave us a short history lesson. She was also helpful in recommending places to eat and drink and activities to check out. The beds are incredibly comfortable.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Rhonda750
Also consider these accommodations in or near Cottonwood
0.1 km away
21.7 km away
Sedona Summit Resort
Sedona Summit Resort
#21 of 48 in Sedona

Been to Cottonwood Hotel? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK