“Home cooking style food”
Review of Black Bear Diner

Black Bear Diner
Ranked #68 of 731 Restaurants in Chandler
Price range: US$ 5 - US$ 20
Description: The city of Chandler has definitely gone through a lot of changes over the past few decades, and the addition of a Black Bear Diner ranks right up there with the best ones (though, we are admittedly biased). We invite you to come see for yourself — experience not just the fantastic meal and dessert choices, but the friendly staff that is always ready with a smile.
Reviewed 28 June 2016 via mobile

Been here multiple times now, love the feel like a little Cabin in the Woods. All the food I have tried has been excellent including the tuna melt which is my favorite. Service is always good, waiters are always friendly, and the prices are very reasonable. Perfect place for a home cooked meal away from home.

Reviewed 2 June 2016

I have dined at several Black Bear Diners including the original BBD in Mt Shasta. I always find the food good, the service friendly and portions large enough to never leave me wanting for more. Prices are also very reasonable. I found the Chandler Diner to be equal to any of the others.

Reviewed 1 June 2016

Have eaten many times at the Black Bear Dinner in Goodyear. This was the first time at the Chandler Diner. The food is very consistent with the Goodyear Diner - very good. Basic home cookin' delivered hot and cheerfully. Love that one can order off breakfast, lunch or dinner menu anytime. Seems like I usually go at lunch time, but order breakfast or dinner. Portions are ample. Like reading the local news from yesteryear on the menus.

Reviewed 17 May 2016

The ambiance is pleasant enough. The young wait staff was all cheerful and did a perfectly ok job. The food was abysmal. My wife had the pot roast and I had the country fried steak. It came with broccoli cheddar 'soup'. It had the viscosity of paste. No liquid, it could be stacked up and just stand there. The broccoli with the entrees had a strange metallic taste. The pot roast was totally dried out and flavorless. Most bites of the cfs were grisly. The mashed potatoes weren't bad though.

1  Thank john b
Reviewed 11 May 2016

We were anxious to visit this close by newly opened restaurant. We had poor service. We each ordered the reuben sandwich. They were identical orders but both entirely different. My husbands was piled high with meat, and mine was flat with very little. I had enough fries to feed an army, and he hardly had any. We showed the waiter, and he said he would say something to the manager, but we never saw him again. We will not go there again.