“Good,solid BBQ”

Cuisines: Barbecue
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 19 December 2016

Wife and I usually order the feast for two. Comes with hearty portion of ribs, and choice of meats. We get the brisket and pulled pork. included are sides of good cole slaw, a mound of thick french fries, spicy hearty beans with sausage in them, corn cobbettes, and corn muffins. We take home at least half for another couple of meals.
My favorite is always the ribs. Good & smoky, with some texture, not falling off the bone. Lately, their brisket has been pretty good. I ask for them to get the fries extra crisp, and they usually comply.
We think that overall quality and value at Daves, makes for a good reliable bbq place.
PS... Their burgers are outstanding!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
There are newer reviews for Famous Dave's

Reviewed 7 December 2016

Friends and I try to get to our local Famous Dave's at least once a month. Something else I love about Famous Dave's is how many times they have saved me when we had spontaneous guests for dinner and I was able to pick up a Family Feast tray of assorted BBQ and side dishes that saved the day in dependably delicious food.

Reviewed 1 December 2016

Went in with a group of 8, everybody was happy with the large portions. Smoked ribs were fantastic, had a large platter filled with all the goodies. The server was great to us and we had a blast in there. Tried the hottest wings they had, I give them a "B" for heat but an "A" for taste. They could out more heat it them for sure.

Reviewed 17 November 2016

The restaurant is for casual dining; which I like. And Dave's is known for their barbque. The service was good but the food was not. I had the Brisket and it was extremely dry; not what I was expecting. My friend had the ribs. They were not dry but they were fatty and chewy. Also not what I had expected. A disappointing experience

Reviewed 7 July 2016

Stopped into Famous Dave's BBQ today for lunch, nice reception and they had some of their spicy pickles out there to try, make sure to try them if you haven't had them they are so good.
Their lunch specials are always a good way to go and you just cannot go wrong with any of their food. Today I had a salad and a cup of chili I really enjoyed both. The salad had some shredded cheese on it and hard boiled egg with a lettuce mixture . The chili had chunks of meat and was covered with cheese, very spicy and delicious ! And a corn muffin comes with it, no need for butter because its already wonderful.
My husband had one of their lunch combo's 1/2 a brisket sandwich and two ribs and a side of onion strings and a corn muffin. Not overly filling but plenty to eat.
They do have some BBQ potato chips that they make and they are free if you ask for them, you can try out the BBQ sauces on the chips, good times !
If my review was helpful, please mark it as helpful, appreciate it.