All reviews san marcos santan brewery nice resort lobby bar breakfast buffet restaurants and shops few issues nice size business trip rooms are large room was clean and comfortable courtyard balconies staycation phoenix
Reviewed 30 October 2017

We were there for an event so things may be different if visiting there on a normal week. I loved the location in respects to Scottsdale and Phoenix. The town of Chandler is also a very nice small town with good restaurants. The grounds of the hotel were nice, nothing spectacular but definitely adequate. The room service attendants and all the employees were very very nice. I did have one complaint about a bath tub completely filling up with water when showering because of bad drainage. I left a note in the room about the problem-no response; then I called the front desk, no response. In the afternoon a note was left saying someone would be right up from maintenance. No one came or called. The sink leaked the toilet bowl was dirty.

Room Tip: The elevators are very slow so if you can, I would walk the stairs
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Phoenix - Chandler Golf Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 14 November 2017

Hi kelleyted1@gmail.com,

Thank you for your candid review, highlighting not only the bad but also the good points of your stay. We're glad to hear you liked our location. We are always grateful when a guest takes the time and effort to acknowledge our employees. On the other hand, I am very sorry for the shortfalls you have noticed with the shower drainage and the condition of the toilet bowl. Your feedback will be shared with our management teams so we may work towards improving the areas that you have noted.

Again, many thanks for the feedback and for staying with us. I hope that you will consider us again if your travels bring you back to our area. Have a wonderful day!

Connie D

Reviewed 9 October 2017 via mobile

We just stayed here for two nights to attend a wedding. It is certainly not what you expect when you see the word 'resort'. Instead, it feels more like a big motel. The room was big enough and clean, but outdated and cheap feeling. Just updating the carpet and the furnishings would help a lot. There are balconies, but no chairs to sit on out there. The pool and hot tub are big, but the whole area is in serious need of an upgrade. There also isn't a spa, which I expect with a resort. Nowhere to go to get a pedicure or a massage. Finally, the service wasn't great. The pool bar wasn't open and the people by the lobby bar, while very nice, appeared to have zero training and couldn't make a drink that was on the menu. Not great. The nice thing is that the hotel is in a good location and the pizza at Crust was delicious.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Phoenix - Chandler Golf Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 22 November 2017

Hi Kimzilla,

Thank you for staying and taking the time to share your experience. I'm glad you found our rooms big and clean. On the other hand, I am sorry if we were not able to exceed your expectations, especially with the amenities, staff service, and overall condition at the hotel. I am so sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your stay with us. Know that your voice is greatly appreciated and helps us to see where we can improve to create a better experience for our travelers. It means a lot to us that you've taken the time to give such a thorough and insightful review and we hope you'll return someday to see how we are continuously improving.

Best,

Tracy V.

Reviewed 4 October 2017 via mobile

Don’t know how to feel about this place! Place smells like mold and needs a mayor upgrade! The bar at the pool is a joke! Asked for a bacon drink and the bartender told me not to drink it because I might get a stomach ache since their products sometimes are expired!!!!!! The pool, lobby I mean everything looked old and outdated!

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with friends
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Phoenix - Chandler Golf Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 18 October 2017

Hello Hamlet77,

First of all, thank you very much for your recent stay at our Crowne Plaza Phoenix - Chandler Golf Resort, AZ. I am so sorry to see you did not enjoy your overall experience with us, especially with the bar, pool and customer service. We’d like to obtain some additional detail regarding your experience so we have sent you a private message. We hope to have the honor of serving you again should your travels bring you back to Chandler.

Orlando A.

Reviewed 30 September 2017

This hotel is not a nice hotel and for several reasons. The rooms give me a claustrophobic feeling, the air-condition is very noisy and blows right at you, the place looks like it has seen its best days at least 15 years ago. If you are "lucky" (sarcasm) you get a room really far away and it takes you several minutes to walk (in the heat) until you reach your room (it is like a maze to find the rooms). I almost forgot - it is not worth the money I paid for it...far from it.

I wanted a room on 2nd or 3rd floor (got one on first floor first) and they gave me a room (think it was 249) - it was the noisiest room I have ever experienced. There was some sort of compressor or generator right across the narrow hallway. I had to go back and tell them that I couldn't stay in that room because it was inhumane. So...I got my old room back. I recorded the sound so please tell me if you want it.

The breakfast is not a breakfast in my definition, it is basic low quality food and they offer no selection whatsoever. The staff seemed to have given up on their job and they looked very tired indeed.

I think I will stop here, I think you get my point.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Phoenix - Chandler Golf Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 14 October 2017

Dear Lamboswede,

I would like to thank you for taking your precious time to write the review regarding your stay with us. Our goal is to deliver exceptional service and comfortable accommodation to all of our guests and we appreciate you chose to stay with us. However, we apologize we did not meet your expected stay due to the quality of room received. We also regret the breakfast served was not at par. We sincerely care about your experience, and what you raised certainly aren’t what we want for any of our guests to encounter. I have alerted the hotel management about your concerns so that necessary improvements will be taken, as we work very hard to ensure our facilities and guest services are superior.

Once again, thank you for staying with us. We hope that you will give us another opportunity to pamper you with exceptional service and accommodation on your next visit.

Grace P.

Reviewed 13 September 2017

we had a staycation in this resort. The room was big enough for a couple and 2 teenagers. The location is right at the downtown Chandler where plenty of restaurants and shops.

The pool is big enough, we enjoyed our stay and would wish to stay longer.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family