“You're gonna love this place”

Sheraton Grand at Wild Horse Pass
Ranked #6 of 32 Hotels in Chandler
Longmeadow, MA
“You're gonna love this place”
Reviewed 24 April 2012

If you like playing golf in 106 degrees, you're gonna love this place. If you like expensive accommodations, and you still have to pay $12.95 extra per day for internet hookup in your room, you're gonna love this place. If you have no problem with paying $20 each time you want to use the exercise room, and what you get is headphones that don't work, and no one there to explain how to use the machines, well, this is the place for you. How about a 5 star restaurant (Kai) that cost us almost $200 for a salad the size of 2 walnuts, and a buffalo steak the size of a cell phone? Then go for it. Here's an interesting example of hospitality: I bought a thumb drive in the gift shop because I thought I needed it urgently for a business meeting. I didn't, so with sealed thumb drive and credit card receipt in hand, I tried to return it. They don't give money back, you have to get something else of equal value. You can imagine how delighted I was. How about the engineering dept. banging on our door, waking my wife from a sound sleep to fix our leaking shower, which was NOT leaking, and which we did NOT call to have fixed? She was just so pleased with being sleep deprived the next day. Finally, you're going to love being stuck in the boonies surrounded by the bleakest environment I've ever had the misfortune to view from my window.
I would have given this place zero stars, except I must commend the staff for being consistently courteous, competent, and helpful. Too bad they work for such a user-unfriendly resort.

Room Tip: Make sure the room gets cleaned each morning. There is great inconsistency in cleaning competence o...
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
4 Thank racprint
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (369)
  • Korean first
Cincinnati, Ohio
Reviewed 23 April 2012

We just returned from a 3-night stay at the Sheraton WHP. Overall, the resort is very beautiful and very kid-friendly. The downside is that the rooms, hallways and pool area are very dirty. They have an aweful "bird problem" at the pool. Every lounge chair is covered with bird droppings.
And there were no attempts to clean them off. Service at the pool restaurant is horrible. We waited for a very long time for our food and looking around at the the other tables there were dirty dishes left there and birds trying to eat leftovers off of plates. Really unappetizing! We were attending a conference there and I think if I was there on vacation, I would have been very disappointed.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 23 April 2012

I went for a walk along the Interpretive Trail at sunrise. It was very relaxing, informative, and soul soothing. The Aji spa was nice as well. I did not get to spend time at the pool there, but it appeared nice. The pricing was fair as well. The pool at the hotel was pretty, however drinks were very pricey. Mojitos made with a mix were $11 each. The food was fair (room service and the smaller restaurant in the hotel-not Kai) but pricey as well for what it was. We had our room cleaned 1 time during our stay, however it seemed all they did was replace towels and toiletries...not vaccumed or wiped down. Overall it was a nice relaxing trip, but I would not pay more than the standard Sheraton room rate.

• Stayed April 2012
Groveland, Massachusetts
Reviewed 16 April 2012

I just returned from my third visit to Sheraton WHP in the past 13 months. I love this area for the great, predictable weather, all of the great golf courses and the beautiful mountain and desert scenery. I am now a known quantity at this property, so I was pleased to get a fourth floor room in the Maricopa wing overlooking the golf course and pool. Even though I was right next to the ice machine room and the elevators, I never heard any noise from them and slept very well on my beautiful Sheraton Sweet Sleeper bed. This place is solidly built and very sound proof. I always enjoy waking up early and going out to walk the 2.5 trail before it gets too hot. I sometimes have breakfast at the Ko'Sin restaurant. All of the items on the breakfast menu are very good, and for the very hungry the breakfast buffet rocks. The pool area is well designed and hundreds of people can be out sunning and funning at the same time without ever feeling overcrowded. I have always noticed that the best asset this hotel has is its team members. Every person who works there is totally dedicated to serving the guests in the most courteous and pleasing way. From the bellman who greet you at the door, to the front desk staff, to every server at every outlet, the attitude is always positive and friendly. And real. This property has been fortunate to have had a great General Manager, Mr. Ahamed, for years. That is rare in the hotel business. His winning style is infectous and all of his team follow his lead. I will be back again some time in the not too distant future. I am certain I will not disappointed in Sheraton WHP.

Room Tip: Its worth the extra few bucks to be on the pool/golf side. Many of the front side rooms have a parki...
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled solo
Exton, PA
Reviewed 16 April 2012

Dear Mr. Ahamed,

I had the pleasure of dining at Kai restaurant on March 22, 2012 during the NASP Convention at the hotel.
On a last minute whim, a colleague and I decided to eat dinner at Kai. Being from the Philadelphia area, I knew nothing about this hotel restaurant.
We had a few minutes at the bar where I enjoyed a tasty ginger martini.
We were seated and greeted by Mr. Feliciano Vazquez and his "team." Nothing could have prepared me for the "dining experience" of which Mr. Vazquez spoke.
I have celiac disease and must eat gluten free. Feliciano guided me through the menu and the many options available to me.
The menu in itself was literally a work of art.
The presentation of my soup was just amazing. . . the Sambuca poured in my bowl and ignited to toast the marshmallow . . .it was just exquisite!
The details to every aspect of the meal were incredible. . .the grilled gluten free bread, the temperature controlled utensils, the way dishes are served and removed in unison, the intermezzo, the truffles. . .I could go on and on.
And then to get back to my room to a thank you note from Feliciano with the truffles. WOW!

I am still talking about Kai as my "dining experience" was one of the best in my life. My companion from New York City agreed. I only wish that my husband would have been there to enjoy it with me.
I can only hope that my travels bring me back to your restaurant in the future.

Many thanks to your staff for a true dining experience!

Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Chandler
2.5 km away
31.8 km away
Pointe Hilton Squaw Peak Resort
37.1 km away
Pointe Hilton Tapatio Cliffs Resort

Been to Sheraton Grand at Wild Horse Pass? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK