“We were very pleasantly surprised!”
Review of Grimaldis Pizzeria

Grimaldis Pizzeria
Ranked #45 of 745 Restaurants in Chandler
Cuisines: Pizza
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 5 June 2018

We had a family dinner at this location. Having never eaten at a Grimaldi's before we looked up the menu online and honestly didn't see anything about the menu that was particularly outstanding. However! Once we got to the restaurant and ate, we were delighted that it was much more and much better than we had originally thought.

First of all, it's a very nice pizza restaurant. It's not like the "fast food" places. The lighting is a bit low, the seating areas are well planned so you feel like there is some privacy to enjoy your conversation. And the food is so good. We had lots going on with a big family and a bunch of different things being ordered. So we got to see a nice variety of what is offered there. And everything looked great.

The only thing that we didn't really care for was the bruschetta - the bread was just like it had been sliced from the loaf - no "browning" or anything. The bread and the toppings were o.k. but nothing that outstanding. Otherwise, everything else was as good or better than we had at other pizza places.

Thank goodness we can once again order salads with any kind of lettuce, including Romaine; which is no longer being recalled. Their Caesar salad was really good and the small serving was plenty for 2 to 3 people.

Our servers were also worth mentioning. They were very helpful and attentive.

Overall, it was a great choice for a large family gathering.

Reviewed 21 April 2018

I've been to a couple other Girmaldi's in AZ and this one seems to have the nicest outdoor seating. Even though it still faces the parking lot there are trees and the nice Rolex street clock. My dining partner and I came for Tax Day Pizza Special $10.40 for a 16in. pizza... sweet deal. We sat outside. Our service was a bit spotty, took awhile for our server to come over.

We ordered 2 16in. pizza, mine cheese and the other pepperoni. The restaurant was not busy at the least but still the pizzas took awhile to come out. When they did they were delicious, perfectly cooked, lots of pepperoni on the pepperoni pizza. Honestly Grimaldi's is one of my favorite places.

Atmosphere: nicer outdoor seating than the other 2 locations I've been at. Service: OK, a little spotty with wait time. Food: Love it!

Reviewed 3 March 2018

Love this place. Always great pizza and salads. Reasonable prices and fast friendly service. Drinks are reasonably priced. It is like a neighborhood place. We come back often!

Reviewed 3 March 2018 via mobile

Being an Italian from New York. Whenever I am on vacation I always search for Italian food.. We were so happy to find a Grimaldi pizza. We have been to the Brooklyn location. Great food, good location in a beautiful mall. The waitress was so friendly and nice to talk to. And now I just found out there is a Grimaldi pizza 10 minutes from my house in Pinellas Park. That will be my new pizzeria in Florida.

Reviewed 22 February 2018 via mobile

We got 2 medium pizzas which were delicious - sausage and mushroom and pepperoni and mushroom. Red blend wine was very good too. They need to offer ranch!!!!! I love ranch on my pizza and had to settle for Caesar dressing.