“Not a good experience” 3 of 5 bubbles

“Not a good experience”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 July 2011

First nights stay Jan 10Th 2011
Last night Jan 15Th 2011
My wife and I stayed at the Casa Grande for 6 nights. Only 3 nights of our stay was relatively uneventful and we were able to sleep. The other 3 nights we did not sleep well due to the noise in the room next to ours. The first night we had issues was Wed Jan 12Th our room had a door connecting our room to the room next door so sound traveled from one room to the other with ease. On Wed night Jan 12 our neighbor was up all night watching their TV or slept with it on very loudly. WE slept very little that night but chalked it up to motel stay. WE did not complain. Now onto our real Issue. On Thursday night Jan 13Th My wife and I were waken up around 3:30 AM by a cell phone alarm clock going off in the room next door after about 10 min I called the room and could hear the phone ringing for several min. NO ANSWER. I called the front desk and explained to the guy (Marlyn) (spelling?) what was going on and asked for his help. I did here foot steps go by our room to the room next door, but no one knocked. a short time later I heard the phone ringing in the room next door, still no answer. after about another 10 min I called the front desk and got NO ANSWER. After another 10 min, I again called the front desk and asked Marlyn what was going on, he told me he had called the room but got no answer. I told him yea, I know I could here the phone ringing. What are you going to do about it. (the persons alarm and lack of response) He said nothing, he had done all he could. I asked what if the person had a medical issue? I was told nothing he could do. I told him I paid for a place to sleep and with the alarm going off my wife and I couldn't sleep and asked him if they were going to comp me a night's stay and he laughed at me. I told him I didn't think anything was funny. I asked again. What are you going to do about the person next door, he told me nothing. I asked him why he didn't knock on the door, He told me he couldn't leave the front desk because he was the only one there. (I know he lied to me, about leaving the desk) plus why no answer when I called the second time? I didn't ask. Marlyn then told me I could call the police and have them come and knock on the door if I wanted to, I asked him. How is that my responsibility? He told me he had done all he could do. I asked him to call management, he told me he couldn't, but they would be in, in the morning. My wife and I discussed what to do and I decided to beat on the door myself, agreeing with me wife if we got no answer, WE WOULD CALL THE POLICE. I beat on the door myself and a guy answered from across the room, I asked if he was OK, he said yes. I then asked him to shut off his alarm. He did. It had been nearly an hour since we had been awakened by his alarm. My wife and I did not get much more sleep that night but we were glad no one was having a medical emergency. The next morning Friday Jan 14Th I went to the front desk and was told by the staff that there would be no manager there until the following Monday Jan 17Th and I could call someone then. I returned to my room and called Super 8 Corporate Headquarters and talked to Flo in customer service. Flo listened to my story and told me she would file a report with the hotel and someone should get back to me no later than Wed Jan 20Th. As of Jan 29th no one had contacted me. The next night of our stay, the same cell phone alarm went off the same time of night, again the owner slept through the first 10 min of the alarm. My wife and I of course wide awake by then could do nothing by lay there in disbelief. The alarm was shut off shortly after and then continued to go off for the next two hours every 10 min, until the owner decided to get up. For us, another night shot. But again, we did not complain, we can only once again chalk it up to motel stay. At least we were not wondering if there was some type of medical emergency next door.

After multiple calls to Super 8 Headquarters and Wyndham Worldwide we were refunded one nights stay on March 19 2011. We never recieved an apology from the Super 8 except they were sorry for our trouble. What we really wanted was to be told they would review their policies.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank ken41960
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Portland OR
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 March 2011

I stayed at the Super 8 for seven nights. I stayed in two different rooms. The beds were uncomfortable. Because of the inexpensive construction, the motel was noisy. The staff was outstanding and was the one bright spot. This is a typical low budget motel, proving once again that you pay for what you get. If you want a cheap room, this place will do.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled solo
Wichita, Kansas
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 March 2011

I stayed here in March of 2011. The hotel has easy access from the interstate but that's about all it had going for it. When I got to my room it reeked of the smoke. I've had rooms that kind of smelled like smoke before (due to their proximity to other smoking rooms) but this one smelled like somebody had just smoked. The front desk clerk told me that they had recently changed over to non-smoking rooms but was very vague on other details. She initially told me she couldn't change rooms but when pressed I got switched from the King room to a double room. This room smelled like peaches and cream, and I couldn't detect any smoke in that room. The hotel room itself was a little worn but seemed clean enough, however the hallways had some serious nasty stains on the carpet. The breakfast room, as others have complained, was very small and had a very limited selection that consisted of microwavable waffles and mini bagels. I ended up coming back to Casa Grande a few days later but opted to stay at the Best Western which was 15 dollars more, but still worth the increase in price.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled as a couple
Victorville, California
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 January 2011

Since more upscale hotels don't allow pets I've had to stay at the less expensive hotels. This was an exception and was very nice and the staff was friendly. Would recommend.

• Stayed February 2010, travelled solo
Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 July 2010

This motel was clean, comfortable and offered a great value. Located near I-10 and several nearby restaurants, it was a great place to spend one night on the road. A/C worked great, seeing that it was 113 degrees outside!

• Stayed July 2010, travelled as a couple
13.4 km away
Super 8 Eloy
Super 8 Eloy
#4 of 5 in Eloy

Been to Super 8 Casa Grande? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK