All reviews sausage patties golden corral near highway consistent quality sized room easy chair pancake maker quiet night clean hotel rooms are spacious short drive king bed workout room staff was very friendly and helpful rv park nice stay nice room
Reviewed 24 April 2018

There were a couple of things that we did not find acceptable at this hotel. As in all Holiday Inns, the toiletries are "made in China" so I won't use them (I've had problems with these products before so it's safer for me to use my own). But more of a problem was what appeared to be unclean public areas...for example, the elevator floors were sticky and dirty and apparently ignored, since we saw staff using the elevators repeatedly. The most annoying thing that happened was when we entered the sitting room/dining area to make a cup of tea and found the manager actually doing an employee interview there. He stared at us and stopped when we entered, so we felt compelled to back out of the room. We thought this was incredibly inappropriate and made us feel uncomfortable using the facilities which should have been the public space for guests. We would definitely not stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
GSRPHX, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Casa Grande, responded to this reviewResponded 29 April 2018

Thank you for your review. Our apologies for the negative impact you received from your stay.

I'm not sure where you saw that our products are "Made in China". We use Bath and Body works, and no where on the items does it say "Made in China" It would be illegal for a company to not display the country of origin, if it was not made in the US.

Also, there was a reason the interview was conducted in the breakfast room. I stopped to look at you to see if you needed any assistance, I apologize if mistook that for something else.

As for the public area, this is unacceptable. We pride ourselves in our cleanliness, I will forward your comments to our head of housekeeping and make sure that this is taken care of.

Again our apologies. We hope you will give us another chance sometime, so we may show your last stay was just an exception.

Reviewed 1 April 2018 via mobile

We didn't spend much time at the hotel as we spent time with nearby family. After a long day we arrived to a nice room but the sofa sleeper was not suitable for sleeping. Most sofa sleepers don't have the best mattresses, but this one was very small and had about a one inch pad to sleep on. Kyle at the front desk was so gracious and moved us to a two queen bed room on the same floor. The customer service made this a great experience.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
GSRPHX, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Casa Grande, responded to this reviewResponded 2 April 2018

Thank you for your review. We are looking into many upgrades to our property for the near future, and the sofabeds are on that list. We are glad to hear Kyle was able to accomodate your needs, and will pass along your comments to him. Thank you again, and we hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 7 March 2018 via mobile

Stayed here while checking out some retirement communities in Tucson and Phoenix. Very quick and smooth check in, very clean hotel.
See pictures attached. So very different than the extended stay America in Tucson. Wish I had never checked in there.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled solo
GSRPHX, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Casa Grande, responded to this reviewResponded 13 March 2018

Thank you for your review. We are glad you enjoyed your stay and hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 19 February 2018

I have been here for 3 nights. Unfortunately, I don't have too many positive things to say about this place...Unless you prefer to stay in sub par lodging with old wifi infrastructure and dated plumbing and thin walls without enforcement of groups of kids.

First, since I've been here, I haven't been able to stay logged on or use the "free" wifi service because (1) the signal keeps dropping and (2) it constantly asks you to log in using your special access code that they hand out when you check in. Its 2018, folks, lets update your network infrastructure and someone needs to have a serious conversation with the vendor you are using to provide wifi service. It sucks, period. Between the hours of 6pm and 9pm, when most people get back to their room and check their work email before dinner or after, IT NEVER WORKS! I end up wasting at least 2 hours of my time each day trying to get emails and work done. Tonight, I finally packed up and went the starbucks down the street so I can actually get a clean connection to finish checking my email and to leave this review.

Second, the plumbing needs to be fixed. My shower backed up this morning and brown stuff started coming out of the drain.. Really? WTF?

Third, a group of noisy kids have been running up and down the hallways on the second floor for the past hour. When I called the front desk to let them know, i was told, in all seriousness "There's not much we can do.. They'll go to bed soon" Hummm... Who did the customer service training here?

Luckily, I can leave tomorrow but I will make sure my travel department never ever use holiday inn express again, just from experiencing this place. Its just awful. They need to take some lessons from Hyatt, or even Marriott.. AND really up their game if they're going to give this place a chance. Sad.

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled on business
GSRPHX, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Casa Grande, responded to this reviewResponded 20 February 2018

Thank you for your review. Our apologies for the negative experience you had during your stay with us. I am happy to let you know that we are upgrading our network infrastructure. Unfortunately it's not something that can happen overnight, but we should have the final installation very soon.

I also checked with maintenance about your plumbing issue. There was no record of any work placed for a backup. Did you report this to us? Our property is only 7 years old, so the pipes are in great shape still, but with the constant daily use, things can eventually build up in the drains, just like at home.

The response you received from the front desk is unacceptable. I will personally speak with our staff and make sure they understand that every guest is important and do everything necessary to try and resolve our valuable guests complaints.

It's unfortunate that you feel you need to choose to no longer stay with our brand. I truly wish you had spoken with a manager about your issues because we would of done our best to make this right. If you are ever in the area again, please contact one of the managers and we can do our best to ensure you have a much pleasant stay and show that this last stay was an exception.

Thank you again. We appreciate your feedback and will make sure it is used to move us in a positive direction.

Reviewed 23 January 2018

It's the newest and as far as we're concerned the best property by far in Casa Grande. Staff was very friendly, breakfast adequate. The rooms were nice and clean. Stay on the 3rd floor for the quietest.

• Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your review. We are glad you enjoyed your stay. Please come back again soon.