The Gardens At Mile High Ranch
Audrey's Inn(Bisbee)
  • Pool
Rail Oaks Ranch(Hereford)
  • Fitness centre
All reviewssmall fridgeb bmassage servicepleasant place to staysouthern azvisiting bisbeebed was comfortablecoffee makerstayed two nightsseparate bedroomin towna wonderful staywe've stayedmaggietrinityunitsauna
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 3 August 2012

We took advantage of a Groupon offer for 2 nights in this country-meets-cabin getaway. Trinity was such a gracious hostess, and gave us a lovely bottle of wine and a big plate of home-baked cookies from a family recipe. She has a wonderful big, white Great Pyrenees dog named Bella. What a beauty!

The grounds are quiet (you will sleep quietly) and the tree hammock swing was an enjoyable way to spend some time this afternoon. Lots of open spaces all around, beautiful trees, and a comfortable 2 rooms in which to stretch out. If you are looking for the Marriott or Hyatt level, this won't be the place for you. Think more like visiting your cousin in the country and partaking of their hospitality in their home. Our little cottage was like that. The living area had wood floors, carpet in the bedroom, and the kitchen was a galley between the 2 rooms. The stove is full-size, the frig about 3/4 size, and there is a microwave in the unit. The living room has a futon, a rocker, a dinette table with 2 chairs, and enough lamps and ceiling fan to make you comfortable.

We walked to downtown, loved the old Bisbee feel and charm, did the tourist-y things (Queen mine tour, etc) and just powered down. Oh, power; can't forget to tell you that the units are set up for high-speed wireless (no charge). This lovely property rolled out the welcome mat and we loved our stay here. We'll certainly be back!

Room Tip: Bring a baking sheet with you. Otherwise, you will only have the bottom partof a broiling pan to use in the oven and that tends to make things turn pretty brown too fast.
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank on_the_go_98765
Reviewed 28 July 2012

Last June I had the opportunity to stay at the Gardens At Mile High Ranch for a week as I visited friends in Bisbee, attended various business meetings, and saw a few clients. I wasn't attending to have such a business trip but what a fantastic mobile office it was! I stayed in casita 7. I had internet connection and was able to work from the kitchen dining table and the big chair with an ottoman in the bedroom. All the while birds were signing and the rippling of the water fountain in the courtyard kept me company. The monsoon rains had started so the days were cool and cloudy which set off the gorgeous colors of the gardens. Maggie, Trinity, and Tara were so accommodating and kind I felt like one of the family, especially when warm cookies came out of the oven- I am not kidding!

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank MarnaWoo
theGardens, Owner at The Gardens At Mile High Ranch, responded to this reviewResponded 2 August 2012

What a wonderful and lovely guest, and what a great review. We consider ourselves
lucky to have you stay with us! Thank you so much for sharing your monsoon mellowness!

Reviewed 27 July 2012

This has to be the best place to stay in Bisbee! I called to find out more about the Bed and Breakfast. Spoke with Maggie she was so nice. My husband and I along with our kids (ages 9 & 7) and don't forget the dog were going to vacation in Bisbee for 5 days. The place is beautiful and quiet! Very close to town but not with all of the traffic. The rooms are little apartments which are very clean and furnished with everything you would need. The room had Wifi which was great. TV with Cable. We enjoyed our evenings sitting on our porch and just listing to nature. The weather at night is so nice and cool. My kids enjoyed walking around the property. They played on the Hammock and the chair swing, loved the little pond in the back yard.

Everyone who works there is so down to earth and friendly. We felt like one of the family. Even our dog liked it.

We will always stay here. It beats any other place in Bisbee. Also we highly recommend this place to everyone who is going to travel there.

Room Tip: We stayed in room 6. It has a queen bed in its own bedroom. A living room with a futon and a chaise lounge with could be used as a bed if needed.
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank reachjensen
theGardens, Owner at The Gardens At Mile High Ranch, responded to this reviewResponded 28 July 2012

We are so happy to have families come and enjoy our natural space here. You actually help us have fun at work! Thank you so much for a wonderful review.

Reviewed 12 July 2012

My Husband and I celebrated our Anniversary by a trip to his home town of Bisbee. We wanted to try something new to us in the area. A more intimate getaway was what we were looking for. We received a warm welcome as soon as we arrived from Maggie. Maggie epitomized The Gardens. She has a way of making you feel at home. The room was very clean and had wonderful amenities. We are coffee drinkers and dislike the small coffe pots/prepackaged coffee of chain hotels and enjoyed the large coffee maker with real coffee. I am a large person and need a sturdy comfortable bed which we found here. Mostly we loved Maggie's genuine hospitality. We will most definitely return to "Maggie's Gardens"!!!

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank oralea s

Thank you so much for a personal and happy review. I was very lucky to have met you. I sure hope we see you here again soon!

Reviewed 7 July 2012

The Groupon made my mind up. - I was going to Bisbee. It's been on my bucket list for years and now I've arrived it's more than living up to my expectations. I had a delightful conversation with Trinity whilst on my journey, wanting to know my preferred wine type, and fresh cookies preferences - beat that Doubletree! Upon arrival at the Gardens, I was shown to the spacious, cute Room 1. Kitchenette, appropriately kitschy, lounge area, full bathroom and bedroom, all pristinely clean, and set in a quaint, cutesy garden, with little vistas all around. Trinity organized a massage on the premises, held in a pretty, Island-look room. Amazing, so very relaxing, especially in this setting. A half hour or so on the beautiful hammock completed the experience. Comfy beds, musical crickets outside- peace, tranquility and natural beauty. I need no more.

Stayed: July 2012, travelled solo