See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 25 October 2011

The property has been recently remodeled and doesn't resemble most Motel 6's I have stayed at previously. This one has interior hallways and in the room, a window seat which only looks out onto a parking lot and neighboring truck stop. It could double as a single bed if necessary as it had a substantial padded cushion running the entire length of the window. It was furnished with a minimalist table and chair set and had a nice large flatscreen TV mounted within the wall. What bothered me most was the bed; only a sheet and a single layer of polyester fabric which was supposed to be a bedspread but offered me little warmth. No blanket at all to add some insulation as I like sleeping in a cool room with a few covers to snuggle under. This arrangement left me cold. I wish I had my warm fuzzy robe with me to keep me warm, so I had to run the heater all night to keep the chill away. With only linoleum on the floor even the tootsies became cold going to the bathroom and back. The bathroom had a deep sink which was nice and a full tub and shower (again, unusual for a Motel 6 as most have a shower only) and everything was clean and inviting. The price was lower than the other Motel 6's within Flagstaff city limits and this was only 7 minutes away on I-40. Just some distant train noise which wasn't bothersome at all, unless you're a very light sleeper. Definitely worth staying at again; now knowing the inadequacies of the bedding I'll bring some of my own

Room Tip: north facing rooms won't look out onto the truck stop
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled solo
1  Thank yearning4fairness
Reviewed 20 October 2011

We needed a place to stay on our drive to the Grand Canyon. This Motel 6 was surprisingly good and definitely on of the better ones (and we've stayed in a few motels on our 5 week drive from the west coast to the east coast!). Booked directly with the Motel 6 website the night before for $60 for a queen bed with free wifi and continental breakfast. The motel has been refurbished recently so rooms were very clean and modern looking, even had a flat screen tv! Check in staff was pleasant enough and would definitely recommend this place for a stop over.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank 2yllek
Reviewed 16 September 2011

I spent one night here. Overall, this was a good experience. The room was not fancy, but fine for a one night stop, and what one should expect for ~$48. The staff was helpful and gave me a room on the 2nd floor with no neighbors when I asked for a quiet room. The mattress was comfy, the wifi was free and worked, and the room was clean.

There are some potential negatives for some travelers. There is NOTHING near here except a truckstop with cheap gas, a Subway, and a McDonalds. I was happy to walk to McDonalds in the morning for breakfast, but if those 2 places aren't you thing, you are driving to Flagstaff to find something to eat. Also, a truckstop means increased traffic and noise, though I didn't notice anything. Also, on the other side of the interstate are railroad tracks and a few trains will go whizzing by blaring their horn. I could hear it inside, but it is hard for me to believe it would keep someone up.

This is a good place for the price, but would be bad for those that want something fancy, or if you want access to restaurants.

Room Tip: 2nd floor away from the truck stop likely would be the quietest.
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed 20 July 2011

We stipped at this establishment on our way to the grand canyon and it was memorial weeked. We went to check in at around 4 oclock after driving in from albuquerque nm and expexted to be able to take a shower and find something to eat. We accomplished neither. The lady was none too ftiendly informed us that our room was not ready because they were full last night. So we went to fill up and find something to eat. The only place to eat was mcdonalds at the truck stop. So we ended up motoring to flagstaff which thankfully there was no problem finding a good meal/ If you book this motel take int account tha it is in the middle of nowhere. Our room was on the second floor and no elevator. Beings disabled I was not asked if I needed help betting stuff to the room. I can seal with but they could have at least offered..

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 July 2011

thoroughly modernized. wood floors..not nasty carpet. padded and pillowed window seat, which came in very handy for us. large screened led tv. very clean and comfortable. we were so tired after 2 days of northern AZ travel. stopped at the truck stop to refuel and saw the motel 6 sign and would have killed to sleep. was dark and we were on the way to i-17 south to phoenix. didn't want to do that steady downhill after dark. went and cried to the wonderful blonde woman at the desk and she gave us (all 5) a room at a very reasonable rate that suited our purposes nicely. i was surprised and pleased to see no nasty carpet in that room. it smelled clean, looked clean, and was clean. we didn't have an arm and leg to get another disappointment. this by far was no disappointment and we truly appreciated the staffer that met us at the desk . so if she sees this...THANK YOU!!

Room Tip: just tell them what you need
  • Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family