“Excellent place for decorations”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Verdas Cakes & Things
Ranked #2 of 2 Bakeries in Wasilla
Reviewed 19 February 2015

This is the place to go for cake decorations and things of that sort. The owner really cares about her shop and will go the extra mile to help you out. This is by far my wife & daughters go to place when cooking for parties and special occasions. Be for warned, they are harder to find the first time since they moved out of the Palmer store.

Reviewed 22 May 2013

Verda created one of the most awesome cakes I've ever seen - I wish I could post a picture of it. It was a lifesize Cheshire Cat from Alice in Wonderland. I sent her pictures of the cake I wanted and she did further legwork and quoted a reasonable price with great suggestions. Communication was top notch and it was not only fantastic to look at but tasted wonderful. Highly recommend!

Reviewed 30 April 2013

Perfect, good quality cakes, but a bit pricey for a cake. I don't like paying for an expensive cake when I could go to Fred Meyer and get a good, decent priced caked.

Reviewed 6 January 2013

I heard so much about this place. The are easy to work with, and good service. I orderded a chocolate cake with raspberryy filling, and had a pretty picture put on the top frosting layer. The rasperbery fillign was disgusting, like what you'd get in a really cheap jelly donut. Kind of ruined the edibility of the whole cake.

1  Thank Muchohucho
Reviewed 6 August 2012

We used to shop there when she was still in downtown palmer, and usually found something to buy we wanted. She had a good selection of unusual cake decorations and made nice balloon boquets. The last time we went there to shop she had closed her store in Palmer and relocated along the Palmer/Wasilla highway. We decided we preferred the party store across the highway for a better selection of balloons, longer lasting ones, that stay blown up nicely and a more professional looking store. Her new location seemed very compact. If you had any accessability issues, I don't think you could manuver in there. The balloons we bought remained inflated for less than a week; verses the balloons I have bought at the party store have stayed inflated for nearly a month, and some times longer!