“An amazing sightseeing trip.”

Alaska Adventure Unlimited
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Owner description: Turquoise blue lipid pools of water dot the ice field as you float effortlessly past alpine glaciers, and hundreds of feet of granite jutting miles high. The Grandest of mountains “Denali” appears, at 20,320 ft. high and you are stunned, breathless! Alaska… the experience you have longed for, now your reality. Your feet crunch on the glacier below you as you walk out to view the amphitheater that surrounds you. Ancient waters trickle down crevasses, as the sun melts hundreds of years of ice. Choose to enjoy our tours “into the wild” aboard an executive mini-coach, viewing Alaska’s wilderness first hand. Join our small group of 14 guests, out for days of amazing beauty! Alaska guided land tours are activity-driven multi-day scenic adventures. Multi-generational families, custom groups, corporate VIPs, all enjoy multi-day tours including bear viewing, glacier treks, whale watching cruises, gentle hikes, flightseeing, National Parks and riverboat trips. Kick it up a knotch on by choosing ATV adventures, Kayaking or ziplining. Chhose from an adult only tour for your personal comfort or join a familty tour to allow your kids the friendship of other children. Hands-on discovery, off-the-beaten-path exploration - thrills for all ages. Alaska Adventure Unlimited - no lines, no crowds - just fun!
Palmer, Alaska
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“An amazing sightseeing trip.”
Reviewed 3 January 2012

My family came up from california and wanted to see some of alaska. I came across there website and saw they offered day tours. So we decided to go on the mat su glimpse. Oh my gosh it was amazing. The sightseeing was beautiful up to the glacier and once we got there the glacier its self was awesome. The glacier walk was nice and the photos we took were great. The guide was very knowledgeable and nice. For a day trip it rocked.

3 Thank mdh_73175
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Seattle, Washington, United States
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Best Glacier Walk, Wildlife Viewing with knowledgable Guide”
Reviewed 31 December 2011

What a fun way to spend the day. First we visited the cultural spirit houses of the Athabascan Village of Eklutna, then drove up to Matanuska Glacier by way of a gorgeous switchbak road. The mountains meet the river here for stunning photography, both landscape and wildlife. We saw a mama moose with her baby jsut feet away and our guide gave us all the flexibility we wanted to stay for photos. Then we went to Sheep mountain where we saw several Dall sheep, not real clsoe as they scale teh rock cliffs, but this company has binoculars and high-powered spotting scopes so everyone could see them! We had a great lunch at a remote little lodge with homestyle soups and deserts! The afternoon brought a remarkable walk out to Hidden Lake on Matanuska Glacier. They gave us ice cleats for our shoes, and walking sticks. I felt very safe. The photos again were unbelievable. I felt like I was on the moon. Spongy silt, rocky paths and blue ice made for the most unique tour I have ever been on. After seeing the melting ice dripping from the cavernous ice crevases, and the bubbling water coming up from the ground - I was mezmerized. This tour was exactly what I wanted when I purchased this off the beaten path - personalized - intimate group adventure. It was not too hard, but exciting. The guide was a long-time resident Alaskan, so we heard stories about Alaska and learned more than we thought we could. I would HIGHLY recommend this trip. It is worth every penny!

Visited August 2011