“Clean” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Snowshoe Motel Fine Art and Gifts

Snowshoe Motel Fine Art and Gifts
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Tok
Snowshoe Motel Fine Art and Gifts
Ranked #4 of 5 Hotels in Tok
Utah
“Clean”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 July 2012

Toke is a small community that caters to the needs of travelers passing through. This is Alaska so everything is rustic by our lower 48 standards. The Snowshoe motel is older and plain but very clean and well kept. We checked in via the gift shop. (Gift shop prices were very reasonable) The manager was gracious and pleasant. The room was comfortable. The beds were good. The sheets were clean and crisp. The pillows were nice and there were plenty of towels. In room coffee was nice. There was a microwave and small fridge and there is a small grocery store right next door so you could save some money buying food to prepare in the room. Nice little place. We would recommend it to anyone. BUT make reservations. Every motel seems to fill up every day in the summer season.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank UtahGirlyGirl
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Anchorage, Alaska, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 January 2012

I came through Tok in January and just wanted somewhere out of the cold to stay. I had no reservation and was quickly given a room with WiFi, microwave, refrigerator, and TV. (I would not suggest no reservation in the summer) The place had two rooms separated by a bathroom. It was clean and well furnished. The staff was friendly. It was conveniently located on the Alaska Highway. Easy to find. A little more than I really wanted to spend on lodging in general, but reasonably priced considering other options in the area. I was able to park and plug in my truck right outside the room.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Victoria Capital Regional District, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 September 2011

The staff were friendly and helpful. Our room was clean and had two rooms with a queen sized bed in each. The bathroom was spotless and although there were a lot of road crew there it was surprisingly quiet. We were on the road all day with not very many stops so it was nice to be able to shop for souvenirs and gifts for the people back home without having to get back in the car. The motel is centrally located, close to the visitor center/library and it was only a short drive to a nice restaurant.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Mouselady
Graham, Washington
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 July 2011

While passing through Tok on route to Seward I noticed how few hotels existed. Having gone though a bad experience the previous night I decided to inquire about room availability for our return trip the next week. I talked to the people at Snowshoe motel and they put my room request in their book for the following Thursday (6-23). They told me that without a credit card deposit they would hold the ground floor room until 7:00 pm. I also found out that rooms in Tok were going to be scarce on that date. On Wednesday the 22nd I called to confirm the room and was told it was still there for me. On Thursday the 23rd upon leaving Seward I again called and was told the ground floor room was mine until 7:00 pm. Later that day while transiting Palmer it became evident that due to road construction I would not meet the 7:00 pm eta. So I called and gave my credit card number to the Snowshoe staff to lock up my ground floor room. They gave me back a reservation number (62311K), and I was assured that my ground floor room would be awaiting me upon my arrival (and that if I did not make Tok I would still be charged for the room, as is customary). I was also told that I would be checking with a person named Candy. Upon arrival at Tok at about 7:20 pm I was informed by Candy that my ground floor paid for and reserved room with a confirmed reservation number had been given to someone else. Fortunately, she did have a second floor room and offered a $5.00 discount for the inconvenience. This forced us to haul our luggage with my back condition up and down the stairs. It’s a damn good thing that I hadn’t reserved a handicapped room! Although the Snowshoe was a clean and new facility, the management and staff definitely need schooling on hotel etiquette and business protocol. In 36 years of around the world travel as part of my profession, I’ve not run into such poor experiences as I’ve had on my trip to and from Alaska. I would not recommend anyone driving the AlCan hwy, the gas prices were exorbitant, the hotel experiences poor, the food costly and of mediocre quality and the road absolutely inexcusably terrible. One can buy 1st class round trip tickets to and from Alaska for a fraction of what driving costs. Anyone who would take an expensive and valued RV on this route would have to be crazy.

Stayed June 2011, travelled with family
USA
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 July 2011

We pulled in late and expected the worst of this place, but were surprised that the room was clean and the bathroom was spotless -- seriously, you know how important it is to not have black mold and icky stuff in the bathroom. Well this was immaculate. Towels were well-worn, but again, clean and plentiful. There was no shampoo or conditioner that I could find, but there were a couple of dinky bars of soap. The bed was clean and comfortable. Seems like this is a place for workers to stay and that it is set up for that. I got a great night's sleep here. For a roadhouse, this is just fine and knowing how the distances are in that part of the world, when you've driven hours upon hours and just want to put your head down and sleep....you could do a lot worse than this place.

Room Tip: A good value in Tok, Alaska