“You want clean? Here it is.”
Review of Alaska Range Motel

Alaska Range Motel
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Tok
Alaska Range Motel
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Tok
Reviewed 24 April 2016

Mine was a last minute reservation, and I was looking for somewhere else to try in Tok. This was a really good choice.
I was travelling with a pet, and this was not a problem albeit, there is a $10.00 fee for pets. I didn't mind, as this is pretty standard, and its a relief to be able to have my furry friend with me on a quick trip North.
The room was very clean, comfortable and cute. I was very appreciative of the coffee machine in the room, with extra coffee and extra tea bags. Those little extras are becoming harder and harder to come by, so thanks!
The towels were soft and white and fresh, and there were more than 1 per person. The bed was comfortable, and I had a great and restful sleep. The staff I met were all friendly.
So...
To me these were great frills, and it is the little things (like the little chocolate bars left with the coffee) that helps to make a stay pleasant and recommendable. Thanks for being pet-friendly on top of it.
I see that there has been some updates on the premise since the last photo's, and it looks great.

• Stayed: April 2016, travelled solo
3  Thank 867Susan

Reviewed 27 May 2015 via mobile

Stayed here for the night. It's a no-frills location sporting comfortable, super clean rooms with fluffy towels, plenty of hot water and black out curtains for those never ending summer nights. Jimmy is an excellent host with a relaxed Alaskan attitude. You won't regret your stay. Call first since they are booked fast.

Stayed: May 2015, travelled on business
1  Thank powellite
Reviewed 9 May 2015

My wife and I have stayed at this place each year coming and going to our work in Alaska. We have had consistently good experiences with this hotel. It is not a fancy place, but the rooms are clean, beds very comfortable and plenty of hot water. We are not TV people, but the internet is the best north of the Canadian border. Price is always fair and the family that own/run the place could not be nicer.

• Stayed: April 2015, travelled on business
Reviewed 21 April 2015

Stayed here one night in April 2015 and got good value for my money. The owner is very customer-focused and is justifiably proud of the improvements he has made to the property since he became its sole owner. But, it is a no frills place except for the choice of 200+ channels on the satellite TV service. The entire property is leased for long periods in the summer to a company for use as employee housing, so check ahead to make sure you can get a room there. If you can, take it. Also, the walls can be a bit thin so its easy to hear other guests.

Room Tip: Try and get a room at the end of the property...might be a little quieter.
  • Stayed: April 2015, travelled solo
Reviewed 10 April 2015

Of course, the owner of the Alaska Range can't take credit for showing us the northern lights, but it was an exclamation point on our excellent night. The owner is friendly, and apologized for charging us the pet fee. We had the two rooms furthest from the road, and it was quiet and comfortable! It feels like the carpet is new, the TV is new, and there is a nice bathroom. Even the roof over the walkway has a hand-made feel to it.
There are several tents (yurts?) outside, presumably to provide cheap lodging in the summer. We were the only people here on April 10, although I am not sure why. All of the rooms only have one double bed.

Room Tip: It is set back from the highway, so I suspect they are all good. In the summer, it would probably b...
  • Stayed: April 2015, travelled with family
2  Thank Rett E
msmtok, Owner at Alaska Range Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 11 April 2015

Thank you for the review! I'm glad you got to see the Northern Lights. I'm also glad you appreciate the new carpet, all the rooms have new carpet. I do however have some rooms with two beds in them, a double and a twin, while the 2 rooms you were in had Queen size beds. The rooms with queen beds do have only the one bed. The tents in the back are for a summertime client who has a crew of geologist types stay in them. Thanks again and I hope to see you the next time in Tok.

Been to Alaska Range Motel? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK