Hotels.com
  • Breakfast included
All reviewshot tubzip linean amazing experienceawesome locationopen airthe main roadjillcreeksummerlogparticipantselectricitycampfire
Reviewed 2 July 2015

Easy to find, but still secluded off the main highway away from noise and miles from any neighbors. My family enjoyed using the wood powered hot tub, zipline, and evening/morning hikes on the trails. One of the trails is actually an old deserted highway and provides a couple miles of safe riding/walking with kids (zero traffic), so bring your bikes or hiking shoes. There are several other trails that can take you to a nearby river, and more trails on out into the woods. If you are adventurous, talk to John about climbing one of the nearby mountains.

Room Tip: Ask about the one tent cabin that is set up as a romantic getaway. It's glamorous!
  • Stayed: June 2015, travelled with family
Reviewed 11 September 2014

My wife and I stayed at the Log Cabin Wilderness lodge in August (2014) and had a wonderful experience. The scenery was breathtaking, the authentic log cabin accommodations and main lodge have a wonderful touch of wilderness luxury to them. The food was gourmet, and the hosts were cheerful, knowledgeable, and seasoned Alaskans who went that extra mile to make it a truly memorable experience. I included some photos of the lodge and location that just begin to show the amazing natural Alaska beauty that surrounds this amazing get-away into the true Alaska wilderness. Having traveled in several parts for Alaska over the years, I found that staying at the Log Cabin Wilderness Lodge provides a truly exceptional, memorable, and unique Alaska wilderness experience.

Room Tip: Choose any log cabin... they are all beautifully done, authentic, and cozy and well situated to the main lodge and hiking, photography and other activities.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 August 2014

Log Cabin Wilderness is just the most fantastic place.
It's so peaceful and so beautiful that my only wish like many others is that I could have stayed linger to enjoy the beauty of it all.
I was met as I pulled in by Jill and Yukon the family dog, I was given a warm welcome and shown around their property, which is gorgeous. I had Eagles nest cabin which is one of the newer ones and was a delight, very very clean, fire to light and everything you want, the steam runs at the back and is heavenly to listen to when in bed.
The main lodge which is John n Jill's home is stunning, it's here they host their dinner and breakfast. They are very generous hosts both with their time and superb food, most of which had been, picked, grown or caught by them, all delicious. Wine and beer offered as well. It was lovely as a solo traveller spending time with them, Yukon and other guests,
I had the best nights sleep in 3 weeks of traveling, it was so quite and comfortable.
Jill and John should be very proud of what they have achieved here : Thank you x
I will have to come back to show Hubbie how good it is .

Room Tip: Eagles nest and Wolf Den are the newer cabins
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank YogaGirl10
Reviewed 9 August 2014

Did not know what to expect but got way more than necessary. John & Jill the owners were more than welcoming, helpful and delighted to have us to stay. That's whilst also having to organise food for 2 vegetarians.

We booked this stay as somewhere a little different to stay on our tour round AK and as one of the first stops everything else is going to have to beat it. We arrive late afternoon and were greeted as long lost friends, given a wonderful tour of the facilities and the garden veg patch. This was followed by a lovely dinner with the other guests.

After dinner John offered to take us to the 'pond' in his 'crazy car' - it was a giggle and fun to see the trail and lake. Whilst there we were shown where the canoes were, the short cut back to the lodge and told a little more about the place. It made the evening for us and gave us a great insight which you would not get elsewhere. We were also given tips on how to catch the local Moose for photo ops (worked a treat). The evening got chilly but with one match to the already laid wood stove we were as cozy as anything all night.

To top it all coffee delivery in the morning and a lovely breakfast before unfortunately we had to head off on our next stop. We could have stayed for weeks.

Room Tip: One of the newer cabins as they have electricity.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 July 2014

Visiting from England, I booked the Wilderness Lodge purely by going online and trying to find a reasonable place to stay around Tok. My goodness, how lucky was I to find this place!! John and Jill came out to meet us as we drew up in our car, and immediately made us feel so welcome. As it is a little remote, they provide delicious evening meals and breakfasts, sitting around the table with them in their beautiful, self built cabin. We had our own cabin on the property, and there was already a fire burning in the wood stove as we entered. It was so cosy!! And it is not just accommodation and meals they provide - they lent us all their fishing gear to go fishing in the river, got us splitting logs and sawing wood with some of John's various machines, and took us out in the evening to go wildlife spotting!! It was such a wonderful experience, that my sister and brother-in-law booked with them again for their return journey a couple of weeks later!! Yes, a little more expensive than your regular hotel stay, but absolutely well worth it with all the extra home comforts.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family