“Excellent and clean B&B”

A Hyde Away Inn B&B
Ranked #3 of 7 Tok B&B and Inns
Reviewed 11 October 2017

This is an excellent B&B, very clean and inviting, and the bed was huge and the bathroom facilities excellent. However, there are one or two issues to mention. The owners do not appear to be there on your arrival which is quite sad. A piece of paper is taped to the front door for each visitor and you take this and let yourself in to your room. There were no tea and coffee making facilities in your room and although the kitchen was open and we could have helped ourselves, this wasn't made clear and we didn't feel comfortable doing this. Breakfast was excellent with plenty of food and a good variety of food.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Magster67, Owner at A Hyde Away Inn B&B, responded to this reviewResponded 14 October 2017

Thank you very much for your wonderful review.
Please accept our apology for not being there, family read=sons are keeping us away at the moment. We will make sure to put up a note to let guests know they can help their selves in the kitchen :)

Reviewed 26 September 2017 via mobile

We LOVED being able to have our own cabin space as we ended up unintentionally booking the cabin so we were pleasantly surprised when we got there. Glad I brought my own pillow though. Internet password was set wrong when we got there and wasn't fixed til later in the evening. Direct TV is available. They provided us with some basic stuff, hot cocoa, coffee, creamer, instant oatmeal, which was great. Dirty dish was left from last customer so I washed it because they have a STEEP no dirty dishes policy, had to wash my dishes anyways!
Ceiking fan and heating are both excellent. However there's not really a way too the window even with a screen because the tiny bugs can get through!
All in all it was a nice private space.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
mooseberryinn, Owner at A Hyde Away Inn B&B, responded to this reviewResponded 3 October 2017

Thank you for your review we appreciate it I'm sorry about the pillow situation I don't know, we got four pillows on each bed but yes I am the same way, sometimes I like my own pillow. glad you liked it sorry about the dish I don't know why the housekeeper did not catch that thank you very much for staying with us

Reviewed 10 September 2017 via mobile

Very nice room with private deck. Excellent homemade breakfast...quiche, pancakes, sausage, fruit with yogurt, coffee and juice. I couldn't come close to eating it all! Excellent Aurora right down the road on Borealis Blvd. I would stay there anytime+

Stayed: September 2017, travelled solo
Magster67, Owner at A Hyde Away Inn B&B, responded to this reviewResponded 11 September 2017

Thank you so very much for your wonderful review and great rating.

Reviewed 1 August 2017

Stayed in the "house" B & B on our way to Alaska and in the "cabin" on our way home. Clean, beds okay, but both the television service and internet are a joke. Advertising should be more honest. Unfortunately, you have few options in Tok so cost versus value doesn't work in the buyer's favor.

Maggie was so busy talking with a friend during breakfast, that finally one of the other guests got up and offered coffee. We did enjoy our conversation with the other guests.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
Magster67, Owner at A Hyde Away Inn B&B, responded to this reviewResponded 3 August 2017

Thank you for your review.
As you may recall, we tried our best to get the Satellite to work. Actually, while in the cabin, I put the provider on speakerphone so you could also listen in when she explained that due to the weather and the way the satellite is aligned in Alaska right on the horizon, there would be outages. We do not have control over the weather.
We also can not give you faster internet then we get from the provider.

I continuously ask my guest if someone likes a refill on coffee. You might not heard me which is understandable when 10 guests having wonderful conversations which one of the guests I had a conversation with, I do not entertain friends when I am with guests,

In the end, this is Alaska, not L.A.

Reviewed 24 July 2017

Got the smallest room in the house,. No hairdryer in the room. Called the owner, she assured me there was a hairdryer in every room. I looked again, there was NO HAIRDRYER in iceberg room. Very small and cramped. I told her again there was no hairdryer. She told me to go buy one if I needed it!!!! The young girl there offered me her personal dryer. Sorry, we were on bikes and I didn't think I would need to bring hairdryer for 4 star hotel!!! This Maggie was very rude. Other than that, We met lovely people, like you do at bed and breakfast. Oh, the WiFi, is bad. They offer only 60 minutes, but if you sign in for two minutes,your 60 minutes are up! Too bad, so sad. In the ice berry room, the shower is so small, you can hardly get past the door to the toilet. Good luck. When you turn on the shower, the water comes out the door. Overall, not good value for your money.

Room Tip: Don't pick the iceberry room. Rooms on front are nice with balcony on top
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
Magster67, Owner at A Hyde Away Inn B&B, responded to this reviewResponded 25 July 2017

I sm sorry again about the hair dryer. All our tooms do have hair dryers and i still dont know whay happened to this one. I told rashelle to give you my personal one since i was out of town. I just mentioned to you that the store does carry them if we coukd not find one. I meant to be helpful from 30p miles away. As for the size of the room, yes, our cheapest rooms are the smaller ones. You did not make the reservation directly trough me or i would have told you that.
If you ever come trough Tok again, call me to reserve a room and i make sure ypu will be a happier guest.
Safe travels, Maggie

Been to A Hyde Away Inn B&B? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK