1,541 results
All reviews aqua park fish animation team are friendly other hotels kids pool family vacation nice beach sea view the ground floor the hotel is clean all inclusive resort open sea a great week coral reef beautiful hotel coraya divers marine life
Reviewed 1 October 2018

It was our first time at the Red Sea and it could not have been better. A beautiful hotel in beautiful surroundings. Spotlessly clean everywhere and the gardens were incredible with never a leaf out of place!
We were in the new block in a family room. Spacious, very clean, a lot of wardrobe space, a big balcony and a really comfortable mattress! And the hairdryer actually dried your hair quickly!
The food and drink were good and served very quickly and professionally. We sometimes went to the pool snack bar at lunch because it was close to the sea and you could eat in your swimsuit.
But the best part of all was the sea; in Solaya it's closer to go in by the sandy part (great for kids) and then go snorkelling and you find yourself in a completely different world, surrounded by fish of all colours on the coral reef. A real aquarium!
But our thanks go absolutely to Sherif Gamal, the guest relation manager, who speaks Italian, English, German and who knows what other languages! Incredibly helpful and solved any little problem and gave us Arab lessons, and very patient he was! We had a lovely time greeting everyone in Arab!
In short, possibly one of our best holidays anywhere, and again our compliments to all the staff who were kind, courteous and friendly.

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
JazSolaya, Manager at Jaz Solaya, responded to this reviewResponded 2 October 2018

Dear guest,

sunny greetings from Jaz Solaya. Thank you for choosing to stay at the Solaya and taking time to leave this wonderful review of our hotel. It is great to hear that your stay was very good and you enjoyed the staff hospitality. We try so hard to make each guest stay as seamless and pleasant as possible and we are happy that we have done so with your family. Until your next travels to Marsa Alam, we will be patiently waiting for your return as it was a pleasure having you in our hotel.

Reviewed 19 September 2018

We were very happy. Accommodation, all hotel staff, food, drinks, beach, swimming pools, garden, animation and cultural programs - super! We will be glad to return to you. Thank you very much for a beautiful and luxurious holiday.

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
JazSolaya, Manager at Jaz Solaya, responded to this reviewResponded 20 September 2018

Reviewed 9 September 2018

We were at the Jaz Solaya for the 3th time and it was perfect (as always).
The staff is super friendly (and they did not only remember us but also which kind of drinks we like for breakfast/lunch/dinner!).

Our room had seaview and that was phenomenal!

They recently renovated many rooms and also build a new restaurant (Olivio). The new restaurant is really nice (food is well presented and its very light). The head waiter asked us every day if everything was okay and if we needed anything else. What a great service!
My partner eats only vegetarian food and he had plenty of choice!
You should really try the falafel for breakfast (next to the omelet station)!

The room cleaning was perfect and we had everyday a different towel animal (you are never to old for this ;) )

At the beach there is a jetty where you can snorkel or dive. Right after you jump into the water you will see plenty of fish. We had luck and could swim with a turtle several times (but you need to be an early bird, we were snorkeling around 06:00 ). Sometimes the turtle is also eating seagrass in the afternoon.

The dive school (Coraya Divers) is also great and the staff is very skilled. All staff is relaxed and they take safety really serious! If you dive at the house reef the bottles are already at the jetty, so you don't need to carry them from the diveschool to the jetty!

We will come back to this hotel and I can really recommend it to everyone!

Room Tip: Pay something extra for sea view - it is really worth it!
  • Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
JazSolaya, Manager at Jaz Solaya, responded to this reviewResponded 10 September 2018

Reviewed 31 August 2018

Jaz Solaya is almost the perfect hotel for a family vacation to get away from it all. It was our first time here, and we (me, the wife, kids 2 and 7 years old) absolutely loved it.

Room: We were offered an upgrade to a room that faced the pool area. The family room was spacious,
though keep in mind that the separation between the kids section and the bedroom is only a curtain.

beach: The beach is quite long and there are sunbeds always available. Ask one of the staff to give you mattresses! The sea access is only from a limited area.
Beds near that are fill up faster obviously.

Snorkelling: This is perfect in my opinion. You can enter the water from the beach and swim to the reef, or you can enter from the jetty (be prepared to walk).
The reef is quite nice and you can always swim out, away from the crowd. The water does get cloudy later in the day. I saw a turtle 2 times during my 1 week stay!
The first time, it was hanging out quite close to the jetty. Poor of me to not take my underwater camera, since it was my first swim at the hotel and I thought to myself
"let me just check what's down there." Bad decision. The second time I saw it was on my last swim, when I had almost given up hope of sighting it again. But there it was, swimming out of the bay into the open sea.
I swam after it for a few minutes, and had my video-camera on. but guess what, I had run out of memory!
So, no turtle pictures or videos for me, just memories. The only thing I'd say is that either the fish population has dwindled, or there are generally less fish in Marsa Alam. I snorkelled in Sharm 10 years back, and there were much more fish

Pools: They were nice and clean. Not too big, but adequate. The little kids pool with the sunshade on top is great for toddlers.

Food: We ate mostly at the main restaurant. Being vegetarians, the choice was quite limited. But whatever we had was tasty, and we did not suffer from any stomach bug at the end.
The staff were quite attentive, and the restaurant was very clean and hygenic. The number of sweets and pastries in the dessert section was staggering. We ate once at
the Italian ala-carte restaurant at the Dar El Madina next door, but it was nothing to write home about.

Animation: The team had amazing energy. Games and activities during the day were well organized and there was good participation. Kids club was good, and they took good care
of my 7 year old. She never missed the minidisco at the amphitheater, and the evening entertainment was quite good. The main lounge was a great area to just relax with cocktails.
They had a live singer singing mostly English classics and oldies.

Aqua Park: This was another highlight. It's not like some apologetic slides have been simply put up, like in some other hotels. It is a proper water-park, with enough slides for all ages.
Staff are well trained and do not allow children on slides that are too dangerous for them.

Dive center: I tried it once for a short snorkelling excursion, and it was ok. The staff tried hard to find turtles for us, but it was not to be.
The boat, and the organization was good enough

Overall, this was a great week. I have not been anywhere else in MA, so cannot compare. But we will return. The guests seemed 90% German speaking, and a few Russians and Czechs.
Since we live in Germany, this was not a problem, and most of the staff speaks English also. I heard that the neighboring hotel has more Brits.

Room Tip: Ask for rooms facing the beach. Rooms facing the road / building seem quite sad to be honest! But they cost less too.
  • Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank Kartikay A
JazSolaya, Manager at Jaz Solaya, responded to this reviewResponded 5 September 2018

Dear Kartikay,

Reviewed 6 August 2018

I love this hotel. I was 8th times in Solaya and next year again with my family. Solaya has perfect servic, staffs, clean sea and pools. We are going to Solaya second times in one year. I had super holidays in Solaya. Perfect, perfect

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
JazSolaya, Manager at Jaz Solaya, responded to this reviewResponded 7 August 2018

Dear guest

Thank you for choosing Jaz Solaya to spend your holiday.
My team and I would also like to thank you for your critical and valued feedback. You have provided us with great motivation in our strive to continuously improve the service we offer. Once again, thank you for your visit to our hotel, and for your feedback. We are looking forward to see you again.

Best regards