All reviews kite surfers la taverna themed nights long jetty pool area vip package towel kiosk unlimited water building site next door ahmed el recommend this hotel general cleanliness beach bar definitely return to this hotel orca diving entertainment team thomas cook rep
Reviewed 18 September 2018 via mobile

Stayed two weeks here. On arrival not a real warm welcome. Instead immediately a note to pay€55 per person per week to get all in. But we already booked all in, they disagreed and said that the all in that we had wasn’t all in??? Not a lot of information about the hotel/ pools available, you just get a small piece of paper and that’s it. Drink menu is confusing, what’s all in and what is not. Ask 3 people and get 3 different answers. They just want extra money for everything, getting your suitcase to the lobby? that’s €5 extra. An extra bottle of water please pay. Room cleaner and bar/restaurant staff is friendly (but their understanding of English is poor), food is ok, room was large and clean. The swimmingpools are nice but most of the sunbeds were reserved by 8 o’clock, even though that is against their own policy. This hotel is ok, but we’ve seen much better in Egypt.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Natasja F
hotel_responsible, Manager at Royal Tulip Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 25 September 2018

Dear Natasja ,

Let us express our sincere thanks and appreciation for your kind words and to be given the opportunity to extend our hospitality.
Please rest assured that your praises are passed on to all those who contributed to making your stay a more comfortable one.
Your praises regarding our delicious culinary offer and the cleanliness of Royal Tulip Beach Resort makes us very happy.
It will be a great honor to welcome you soon again and offer you another amazing vacation.

Best regards

Reviewed 11 September 2018

Very good and friendly hotel. Willing and friendly staff. A clean hotel with a great animation program, clean swimming pools, a nice beach and great opportunities for snorkelling and diving. You can spend a quiet and action holiday at your own choice. I appreciate the evening programs of the hotel's animation team, which were better than the performances of professionals. Show Mamma mia - great dance show (main role Kajo + Barbora and others - super). Very good music and evening disco from DJ Farrid (great cover songs and music mix). We are definitely not bored.

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank Víťa S
hotel_responsible, Manager at Royal Tulip Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 12 September 2018

Dear Víťa S,

On behalf of Royal Tulip Beach Resort we would like to thank you for choosing our hotel.
Our staff is always at the guests disposal and will for sure help with words and deeds.
Special thanks for pointing out the cleanliness of our hotel.
It's always a pleasure to welcome you in our little paradise in Egypt and we can't wait to welcome you here soon again.

Kindest regards from Egypt

Reviewed 17 August 2018 via mobile

Having spent a number of weeks checking out various Hotels/locations in Marsa Alam for our first visit to Egypt I have no doubt we picked a Super one.
My wife has recently had an operation on her foot so she emailed through for a ground floor room and we was given room no 2814 in the new block.
And it was lovely too.
The Hotel itself is only 20 minutes from the airport which was nice considering there are hotels much further down the coast.
The Hotel was very busy during our time with people as children from many countries which was nice.
All the staff work extremely hard and are a credit to the Hotel.
They are all friendly and could not do enough for you which was so nice compared to other Holiday destinations around the world.
The resort itself is kept very tidy continuously by all the staff and the management can be seen everyday which was nice to see.
We ate down on the beach, in the main restaurant and in La Taverna.
It was all very very good.
Great selection to suit all and we enjoyed very much.
We both enjoyed snorkling the reef at the end of the pier and no 2 days the same in respect of the beautiful fish.
We also went on boat trips organised by the Tulip life aqua centre down on the beach.
We had close encounters with Green Turtles in Marsa Mubarak as well as snorkling in different coral reefs.
The guys and food on the boat made the day great.
We did the visit to Sataya reef too which was a great experience swimming with the wild dolphins.
Again the staff and food was superb.
And great value too.
So too summarise we had a fantastic time at the Royal Tulip with all the lovely staff and look forward to returning in January for some Egyptian winter Sun before another 2 weeks next summer.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Brian W
hotel_responsible, Guest Relations Manager at Royal Tulip Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 21 August 2018

Dear Brian W,

Thank you for having chosen Royal Tulip Beach Resort as your holiday destination and for taking the time to share this review with us.
Our staff members take their roles in our industry very seriously and try, every day, to provide that quality customer service, that our guests expect.
Furthermore we are very happy that we could meet your taste with our delicious fresh culinary offer.
It will be a great honor to welcome you again in the near future to offer you another fantastic experience.

Kind regards

Reviewed 15 August 2018 via mobile

Me and my partner returned on Monday from a week here, where do I begin!!

The bad:
-We were sold a 5* All inclusive holiday yet to actually be all inclusive you had to pay 55euro upgrade which allowed unlimited water and other bits. Me and my partner didn’t do this as we thought we’d be entitled to bottled water given the fact we can’t drink local water!
-The drinks situation was disgusting. They use beakers to serve your drinks which are dipped in a bowl of local water and then served to the next person. The cross-contamination/health&safety concerns are non existent!! Who knows what might be being passed around.
-I was violently ill for 5 days of my holiday, I presume down to the food and the lack of cleanliness in serve wear. Multiple times I went to the restaurant and there was dirty cutlery or glasses. Myself and my partner ate bread and rice most meals due to the poor standard/taste of the food. I am not a fussy eater but when they think it’s ok to serve things such as boiled chicken and ‘chips’ which are boiled potatoes which have been boiled in local water, then there isn’t much hope!
- On one of the days of our stay, a man was in the pool and was excessively drunk, he was sick in the pool and the life guard and others carried him to bed. When they returned I was at least expecting them to close the pool but they didn’t, they scooped out the puke that could be seen and carried on as normal! To say I was mortified was an understatement! There was children playing in the pool where someone had just been sick!
- The sun bed situation is a joke, Management could do a hell of a lot more but I really don’t think they’re bothered. The towel desk opens at 7am and it’s written everywhere that claiming sunbeds is forbidden, however you go down at 6:45 and there’s no sunbeds! If you dare to put your own towel on a bed it will be taken by the lifeguard. It has to be a hotel towel! What they don’t seem to understand or be bothered about is people just take their towels at night, not returning them to the desk, then put them on the beds early morning! And they do nothing about this! On many occasions we seen beds that were claimed but not touch all day, on one occasion until 4 in the afternoon! And if we notice it then how don’t the staff! They have such an ignorance it’s unbeliavable. Also on a few occasions, after getting up bright and early we seen some people coming down about 10/11am and staff would go and get them sunbeds from a room and lay them out for them, whilst the rest of us are having to get up at the crack of dawn! You really are worse off by playing by the rules!
- Although the room was beautiful, towels were not changed daily and on one occasion we had no bottled water (they give you one each a day) this annoyed me as it’s meant to be 5*
- The evening entertainment is shocking, and has to be payed for again this is something you wouldn’t expect from a 5* AI holiday.
- The management don’t care. They are extremely rude if you say something they disagree with. One evening they put a call through to my room at 10:30pm, it was from the 3rd party company that Thomas Cook use. The man in the phone was being aggressive and demanding more money for our visas else he would keep us in the country and wouldn’t allow me and my partner to travel home. Infuriated I went down to reception and asked if the person was there, he explained that he had put the call through. So I explained the situation and how angry I was. He just looked at me as if I was an alien and said there’s nothing he could do! Not putting calls through to my room late at night would be a start!!!

The Good:
- The hotel itself is beautiful, with big rooms and big pools
- the staff work tirelessly to keep the presentation up to scratch.
- the beach and jetty are also beautiful

The hotel looks appealing, but is far from it. After my first enounter with a member of management I quickly realised that they’re not interested in what you have to say. I have never been so violently ill on holiday, or spoken to in such a rude manor. I have also never been on holiday and wanted to come home 2/3 days after arriving! I genuinely do not understand the positive comments unless they’re the people that have been tipping all the staff so get treated like royalty!

I’ve given 3* on the basis that aesthetically the hotel is beautiful. If it wasn’t, it’d be a 2!

Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Rhianna G

Dear Rhianna G,

Thank you for your honest and helpful review. We work hard on improving our quality and consider the feedback of our guests in our continuous quality measures.
As we really understand how important it is to have a relaxing and comfortable stay, we do totally respect your valuable comments, so please rest assured that all what you have mentioned will be investigated immediately.
Last but not least: We deeply regret that you have been sick and wish you all the best. But rest assured that we use every time fresh ingredients for our food and we are sure that this can not be a food poisening!
However, for us staff is what makes a place and here we try to offer to our guests a unique and memorable stay by making them feel like home.
Fantastic that you appreciated so much our rooms.
Hope that we can welcome you once again at our hotel to prove that we are really passionate about guest service.

Reviewed 14 August 2018 via mobile

Great hotel with friendly staff from cleaners,bar staff,waiters to management...great food in both restaurant and Italian..best drinks I've had on any AI holiday..hotel is kept absolutely spotless... coming back in February and then in June..trust me wouldn't waste money if it wasn't worth it, believe me it is

Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
8  Thank Kev D
hotel_responsible, Manager at Royal Tulip Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 17 August 2018

Dear Kev D,

Thank you for choosing our hotel for your vacation, and thank you for posting your review about your stay at the Royal Tulip Beach Resort.
Also thanks for your kind words and mentioning that hotel generously offers a good choice of menu throughout the week.
All the pleasure was shared with the entire team and we hope to see you again in the future.

Kindest regards