“Almost cause of divorce” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of Chez Nono

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Bora Bora
Chez Nono
Ranked #14 of 17 Hotels in Bora Bora
Scotland
“Almost cause of divorce”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 June 2010

Chez Nono was not actually that bad but my wife was furious (still is after a year) because we couldn't decide between Chez Nono and the Novotel at the same price and I persuaded her to stay there because it looked more romantic. Unfortunately we made the mistake of wandering into the Novotel with its infinity pool and great beach so I have never heard the end of it.

We stayed 3 nights in one of the 2 big round bungalows - luckily it was the one right at the front or my wife would have been really mad because the other one is at the back. Even though you are in a prime position right on the beach, you can't actually see out the windows without getting into a strange position so it defeats the purpose. Big room, tired looking, not all that clean. We panicked when we saw there were no mosquito screens or net but it was OK as for some reason there were no mosquitos. They did not clean the room in 3 days. Noise during the day from the public beach and the hotel (very popular with huge French families - how do they afford to get so many children to FP?!) but OK at night. The shared kitchen was dirty. The few beach chairs they had were broken. Can't complain much about the service as we did not really ask for anything and there was never any one around anyway. Probably our least favourite hotel in FP, even though it is cheap by Bora Bora standards.

• Stayed May 2009, travelled as a couple
      Sleep Quality
14 Thank joaozinho
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Mammoth Lakes, CA
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 May 2009

We spent 4 nights at Chez Nono in the big round bungalow on the beach. The bungalow itself was pretty cool as it sat directly on the beach. It was clean and comfortable and a good value for the price. But as soon as we arrived I knew we wanted to use this place as a base. It's not somewhere we wanted to hang out for any length of time. The property is small and the beach is public. Neighborhood dogs would defecate on their beach every morning and around the grounds. A group of children from the neighborhood would play on their beach which amounted to 5 hours a day of screaming and crying. I like dogs and I'm used to kid noise but this was extreme. We received good service during our stay. The owner Claude was very helpful arranging tours and transfers. The highlight of our trip was the Terramona Circle Island tour run by Chez Nono. One of the best tours I have ever been on. I highly recommend it if you are staying on Matira Point so you can get views of the famous Mt. Otemanu.
I'm glad we did see Bora Bora but I would not return. It really is paradise lost with the overdevelopment and inflated prices. We also traveled to Moorea and Huahine and would return there in a heartbeat.

• Stayed May 2009, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
11 Thank SWshred
oxon,uk
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 January 2009

so, on the plus side its nowhere near the price of most other places on bora, the beach is fabulous and it IS the doorstep (when its not full of cruise ship customers as I think its the only public beach on the island!) and it was very quiet when I was there.

however, its not cheap compared to other islands in FP, I got bitten to *******, the staff are not desperately interested, and the accommodations aren't great.

I was quite glad that I had only booked one night on Bora, as unless you are peirce brosnan and have a bungalow I thought it was an over-rated place. I much more enjoyed Raiatea or Huahine..

Got a great tour with Sirion in a yellow jeep - had three japanese couples probably on their honeymoon in the back of the jeep, he took great delight in scaring them up and down the off-road bumps!!

• Liked — cheapest place I could find
  • Disliked — cost
  • Stayed October 2007, travelled solo
      Check-in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
2 Thank the_crunch
Brussels, Belgium
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 December 2008

We liked the location on the beach. The staff was however not very friendly and nobody was available before 8 a.m. and after 6 p.m. We witnessed the arrival of a couple that was not picked up at the airport (although agreed beforehand) and that did not encounter anyone when trying to check in. Also note that nobody came to clean the rooms during our stay,

We expected a better service for the amount paid.

Internet is not available.

The lagoon cruise we organised with them was fine.

Robert & Jane

Stayed December 2008, travelled with family
4 Thank kaiviti2007
Hamburg
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 December 2007

First of all, the booking per phone was very complicated, and I never got a reponse on my mails!! I called from Germany and the owner of Chez Nono said three times that he is busy and i shall call again, nevertheless I booked a bungalow! As I arrived the owner told me that I had never booked my bungalow, then I asked him to give me a room instead of a bungalow, he did, BUT: the room was dirty, the toilet was next to my room, and the owners were very unfriendly! The rooms, not only mine, the others as well are very old and really dirty! I told this to the owner and he said, if I did not like it here, I should spend my holidays anywhereelse! Nightmare!

• Liked — Nothing!
  • Disliked — Very unfriendly owners, very dirty accomodations and and and......
  • Stayed November 2007, travelled with family