Bora Bora Pearl Beach Resort & Spa
US$ 826
US$ 511
US$ 866
US$ 711
Conrad Bora Bora Nui(Bora Bora)
US$ 789
US$ 702
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$ 776/night.

US$ 708
US$ 1,407
US$ 1,279
US$ 1,721
US$ 1,361
Savings alert! 30% below average rates

The price you found is 30% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$ 1,955/night.

Maitai Polynesia Bora Bora(Bora Bora)(Great Value!)
US$ 245
Savings alert! 14% below average rates

The price you found is 14% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$ 284/night.

US$ 4,178
US$ 1,319
  • Pool
Blue Heaven Island lodge(Bora Bora)(Great Value!)
US$ 252
  • Restaurant
2,730 results
All reviewscoral nurserygarden bungalowmain islandfishour honeymoonpremium overwater bungalowleading hotels of the worldmiki mikifrench polynesiapoolside restaurantthe activities deskcoffee tableoutdoor showerpolynesian buffetsharks and raysbug sprayboat shuttle
Reviewed 3 March 2009

We flew from Ottawa, Canada to L.A. and then to Tahiti. It was a long flight 14 hours over two days. We spent the night in Tahiti and then flew to Bora Bora. When we arrived in Bora Bora we were shuttled over to the resort and it was a site to see. There was a breeze all week long except for one day but the blue skies and the colors in the water were mind boggling. We booked beach suite #59 and we think it was the best room on the resort. The room was well set up and the view out the front window was so good I video taped it so we can watch it this winter. We went there just to relax and see the island as it was my life long dream. We decided to do a few excursions; the 4x4 tour was well worth it as you will see parts of the island that you would never see and the views were beautiful. The best excursion was swimming with the sharks and stingrays, the sting rays came right up to you and wanted to be feed. They would bump up against you and it will be the best thing you might do in your life. We then went for a swim in the coral and I could not believe the colors. There was so many different colors and they were so vivid it is hard to put into words.The tour company we used also took a HD video of the trip and PLEASE PLEASE get it. It is so amazing to watch when you get home. The other thing we did was go to Blood Mary's. It is the most famous restauant on the island, the atmosphere was very relaxed. How could it be anything else when you are walking around in sand, the floor is sand. When you walk in they greet you and they show you what the main course is for the day on a display table. The food was very good and the waiter was perfect. He saw when you needed him and when you did not. The resort is very clean and the staff were very friendly and helpful. The food was good but the best part was the Chocolate cake it is to die for. There is very little night life you go there to relax and find the romance with your loved one. It was paradise..........

• Stayed: August 2008, travelled as a couple
3  Thank ZZtopottawa
Reviewed 2 March 2009

My husband and I stayed here for our honeymoon. I loved the coral free pure sand water below our bungalow! It felt like a endless pool. I was able to practice my first ever snorkling in these waters! You can go out with the tour guide to beautiful places for snorkeling (and diving) We were told the place was full but we rarely saw anyone. It felt like we had the place for ourselves. We stayed 1/2 the time there in the garden and 1/2 the time in the overwater bungalow. the garden was fantastic as well. outdoor shower and jacuzzi/pool. the layout of the place with full greens it was so beautiful! ofcourse overwater is nice too. but you'll be surprised with the garden.

i would highly recommend bora bora and also the pearl beach resort

• Stayed: June 2006, travelled as a couple
1  Thank yonster
Reviewed 24 February 2009

My wife and I visted the pearl beach resort for five days in Oct, 2008. The resort was just as it was advertised and we really had no problems and cannot really find anything to complain about. We stayed in an overwater bungalow, rather than the premium overwater bungalow. I was unsure of what the difference between the two before we went. It turns out that the only real difference between the rooms is the view from the back sun deck. The premium rooms face the mountain in the center of the island and look directly across the lagoon. The regular overwater bungalows face other directions, such as in towards the resort complex or either north and south, which gives you a view down the inside of the reef. While we did not have a direct view of the mountians in the center of the island, they were certainly in view all the time. Overall we were really happy with our room. The living area was large and the bathroom was huge, with plenty of counter space for all my wife's stuff. Separate shower and bath in each room. The staff was excellent and were never intrusive. Any request was handled while we were out for the day. We never had to ask twice.

Getting to the main island is just a 5 min boat ride across the lagoon. Buses from the boat landing site to the main town (20min ride) are timed so that the bus will arrive within a few minutes of getting off the boat. No waiting around. The opposite direction back to the resort is also timed. The town is interesting and allows you to stock up on sodas, snacks, beer, wine, etc. which you can then store in the fridge in the room.

I would certainly suggest getting at least the half board (breakfast and dinner), it will certainly make the stay more enjoyable as the prices for food is high at the poolside. Both breakfast and dinner were excellent. Certainly not the best food I have ever eaten, but almost always delicious and way above average!

We also found that the little jewelry shop at the resort had some of the nicest and best priced jewelry on the island. My wife bought several pieces there and spent less than similar items at the shops in the town.

The guests at the resort tend to be young with the majority seeming to be honeymooners in their twenties. There were only few guests in their 40s and 50s.

The resort is built over a sand bottom which does limit the fish under your bungalow. While the small lump of coral under our room did attract fish, especially when we brought bread home from dinner to feed them, the bottom was not covered in fish. Other resorts on the island a built over live coral beds. If seeing fish/sealife while in your room is a top priority, then another resort may be better. However, the dive shop at the Pearl Beach was excellent. I did 6 dives over 3 days and saw an incredible amount of sealife. Turtles, manta rays, and TONS of sharks. The guides are low key, speak a multitude of languages, and are very professional.

We would return to the Pearl Beach resort in a heartbeat! I cannot really come up with any negatives about the resort. Bora Bora is as close to perfection as I am likely to see!

• Stayed: October 2008, travelled as a couple
4  Thank emutz
Reviewed 18 January 2009

Bora Bora Pearl Beach Resort & Spa:

I had the wonderful pleasure of pursuing my dream to travel to Bora Bora last March. Took two days to get there, coming from NY during a storm and having to stay over in LA. The flight from LAX to Tahiti was a long 8 hour red eye, and when we landed in Tahiti at 6 am, the journey wasn't over. 90 minutes later I boarded another 50 minute flight from Papeete to Bora Bora. This little old volcanic island paradise was off the beaten path for sure.
After gathering my belongings and loading them on a shuttle boat, I began to feel the grimy effects of traveling for two and a half days. The hot Pacific sun was beating down on my disoriented state, but as I began the last leg of this amazing trip through the surreal cerulean lagoon, thoughts of my appearance quickly dissipated. I gazed in awe at this wondrous place and thought I was in a heavenly version of that remote island where King Kong lived.
Arriving at the main dock, I was greeted with smiles, music and mimosas by a warm welcoming committee. I was quickly given my old-school brass key and my bags would soon follow me to the fabled bungalow on stilts I always saw in those exotic travel features and wasn't sure these water-based hotel rooms actually existed. Walking into my private little paradise, I was in awe at the 5-star features of this luxurious grass hut hovering four feet over the crystal clear South Sea lagoon.
It kind of makes sense now that one of the first photos I took was of all things, the bathroom of the bungalow. This huge room rivaled the suite bathrooms at the Bellagio, and had the extra treat of clear rectangular portholes flanking the sink enabling guests to watch the fish swim by as they're brushing their teeth. The other bonus was the fresh coconut-smelling tropical air gently blowing in; a luxury one will never experience in Vegas or Manhattan.
When my bags arrived, I dug out my Quicksilvers, tore off my clothes and proceeded out the back of the hut onto an impressive sundeck equipped with chaises, a shower and a view that was worth the two day journey. As I walked down the steps to the lower deck, I knew I was about to splash into aquatic ecstasy, washing away the jet-lagged fatigue from 3 flights.
I stepped down the ladder into the blue lagoon, and was instantly revived and refreshed by the shockingly clean warm water. "This was worth the wait,” I thought as I gleefully cooled myself off and basked in the warm sun.
After recharging my batteries, I decided to take a tour of the resort. I discovered how quiet and peaceful this getaway was. Usually the loudest sound heard was the breeze rustling through the coconut trees. The grounds were amazingly clean and the colorful gardens and lush landscaping were impeccably maintained.
The entire resort maintained great open-air Polynesian feel and decor. Form meets function here. Whether dining upstairs in the main dining room, shopping in the gift shop, or getting a massage, it seems that all of your senses were involved. You could subtly hear and feel the gentle breezes, you can smell the tropical flora, and the staff always made sure you had something fruity in your mouth.
Well-groomed paths guide guests from their bungalow to other areas of the resort. Things are spread out, and on occasion I felt the walks were a bit long from the outer bungalows to the other side of the resort, but I reminded myself that the beauty of such a place was the solitude one can enjoy without constantly seeing and dealing with other guests or staff.
I decided to set up an afternoon Scuba dive with the Padi dive center conveniently located between the bungalows and the main reception area. "Can I go out on the afternoon boat?" I asked. "Sure, no problem, meet us at the dock at 2 pm." I brought most of my dive gear with me knowing how spectacular the diving was in this part of the world. We went out to a spot about 20 minutes from the resort and had a great 45-minute dive. We saw a pair of black-tipped sharks, some beautiful blue triggerfish and of course the anemone-based clown fish made famous by the movie "Finding Nemo."
The diving was superb. Excellent visibility, a huge variety of underwater life, warm water and a helpful knowledgeable dive staff to assist your every need. I brought my own gear, but the dive shop has everything you need for certified divers to seamlessly start diving the day they arrive in Bora Bora. They can also provide ambitious guests with a resort certification.
After a superb underwater adventure, I peeled off my gear, jumped onto the dock and headed back to my secluded bungalow. I washed off myself and my salty stuff in the outdoor shower, and dried off in the late afternoon sun, lounging in a comfy chaise, gazing at a sunset that seemed right out of the movies. I briefly nodded off listening the the subtle sound of water lapping up against the bungalow's ladder into the sea.
I woke up an hour later to a magnificent dusk, palm trees silouetted against a blood-red sky. After taking some twilight photos in this dreamscape, I headed to the main compound for a wonderful dinner, an epicurean delight consisting of everything from local fresh fish caught that morning to the usual favorites we're used to at home. The after-dinner scene was far from the nightclubs of Manhattan or South Beach, but fun enough, with plenty of Champagne and tropical drinks.
One needs to be careful not too consume too many mai-tais and Moet in the wee hours, for you will surely want to rise early enough to catch the spectacular sunrise over bora's towering volcanic peaks which are a little reminiscent of Devil's Tower, made famous in Close Encounters of the Third Kind.
After a delightful fruity breakfast, we departed the dock on our private boat and headed off into the lagoon for some close encounters of another kind. Our charismatic tattooed captain and guide took us about 30 minutes around the lagoon and anchored, and we jumped into the water, cameras in hand. It didn't take long for the feeding frenzy to begin. We were greeted by a half-dozen black tipped sharks, and hoards of triggerfish. After being assured of the safety of swimming among the passive black tips, we happily snorkled among these excited sea-swellers who were more concerned with the treats that were scattered in the water for them than us tourists.

Another must-do optional excursion at the Pearl is the short boat trip across the lagoon, to a secluded area, where natives met us and treated us to a feast which was prepared in front of us. I felt I was in Rocco Dispiritos reality cooking shows in the South Pacific. The highlight of the Polynesian cooking class was watching the chef de "cuisine" demonstrate the preparation of Poisson Cru, a scrumptious Coconut tuna tartare if you will. I watched with fascination, the process of extracting the fresh milk from a coconut gathered from the nearby beach. Only rudimentary tools were used such as rocks and wood to acquire the main ingredient for the succulent tuna dish; no williams-sonoma merchandise to be found. The tuna, caught that morning, was mildly marinated in fresh lime juice, drenched in coconut milk and tossed with sliced cucumber. we also dined on roasted pork, local vegetables and a tasty mango dessert.

After lunch, I walked off to explore the remote area, and within 10 minutes found myself in dense tropical jungle, waiting to stumble upon Colonel Walter Kurtz and his dazed Asian entourage. You never know you were only 45 minutes ? from a five star ? resort.

Another excursion is the mountain climb, an ascent halfway up Mount Otemanu which in the heat and humidity was a bit of a challenge but easy enough for just about anyone, even you had 7 Mai Tais the night before. Our colorful guide on our mountain Trek was actually a French Algerian but as "native" as they come. He had been living in Bora Bora for 12 years and had gone from an outsider to a loved and respected local. Not only was he extremely knowledgeable on the history and folklore of the island, but was very proactive in making sure every native was aware of the fascinating history of this magnificent island. On our trek up the mountain through the dense jungle, we discovered several archeological sites, watched how the candle nut was burned to get the ink for the traditional Polynesian tattoos and even learned how to get water from a "snake vine" a great survival skill.

Back at the resort, being a little drained from the climb, I made an appointment for a massage at the spa, whose services rivaled Canyon Ranch. A long, soothing full body massage did the trick. Being pampered after an exotic adventure was quite euphoric.

This ultimate getaway was truly a week of bliss. The Pearl Resort at Bora Bora was everything a traveler could hope for; luxury, relaxation, bliss, adventure, recreation, and perhaps most importantly, peace and solitude. Sleeping 4 feet above the tranquil water will drain your worries way. Feeding the fish near the foot of your bed will delight you. Waking up to the sound of the water lapping up against your hut's 5-stilt foundation will give you a perfect start to the day. I can see why so many newlyweds make this their honeymoon destination. I mean you could stay in your room the entire time, but who would want to?

Highlights of Pearl Resort:
-Extremely remote, ultimate get-away-from-it-all.
-5 star luxury
-breathtaking scenery
-Numerous activities
-PADI dive center, magnificent diving and snorkling
-Friendly, gregarious, multilingual, attractive staff catering to your every need.
-Superb menus prepared by top-notch French chefs
-World-class spa with full menu of services

Negative:
-Mostly honeymooners and couples (obviously) — not a place you'd want to go to meet singles or hook up.
-Pricey
-Weather- If its bad, you're REALLY limited on stuff to do. There's always the spa, but on a cloudy or rainy day, it might be impossible to get a massage appointment.

Air Tahiti Nui has daily overnight flights from Los Angeles International airport to Papeete, Tahiti.
Once in Tahiti, Air Tahiti has regular flights to and from Bora Bora and the other main Islands of French Polynesia.

Quantas also has regular flights into Papeete, Tahiti from Los Angeles, Sydney and Tokyo.

• Stayed: March 2008, travelled with friends
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
12  Thank kydonia
Reviewed 16 January 2009

This place is beautiful and in an amazing setting, as one of the places we visited on our honeymoon we had high expectations and it didn’t let us down. The staff were very helpful and the bungalow was superb. We had one of the premium overwater bungalows that overlooked Bora Bora, it was fantastic to be able to see the water from different angles all through the bungalow from the glass coffee table to feed the fish to the side tables by the bed. We also had the privilege of having a Mora eel who had taken residency in the coral under our bungalow! Snorkelling gear was available from the pool hut and it was easy to wade and snorkel from the beach all the way to your bungalow! The coral garden also attracted a lot of fish and it was great to be able to swim with them. The pool was overlooking the beach and staff would come round with a cold flannel and some fruit at various intervals, tucked away was a Jacuzzi near to the beach so you could sit in there and watch the sea, perfect! The bar had a lovely atmosphere to it and they had happy hour for the cocktails and live music. The food was to a high standard and we became used to having 3 course a la carte dinners in the restaurant every night! The breakfast was just as good and the eggs benedict was one of the best I have ever tasted! The hotel provided a boat for you to be able to visit the mainland which was then met by a mini bus to take you to the centre. We loved our stay here and would definitely recommend this for couples looking for something special.

• Stayed: June 2008
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank bobbinuk