2,841 results
All reviews coral nursery main island overwater bungalow fish our honeymoon leading hotels of the world premium owb miki miki french polynesia poolside restaurant the activities desk coffee table polynesian buffet outdoor shower bug spray boat shuttle ping pong
Reviewed 9 May 2012

It took a lot of saving and planning for us to get to Bora Bora for our honeymoon. And boy, was it worth it!!!

We stayed in the overwater bungalow at the Pearl. Amazing view, amazing rooms, amazing cleanliness. We could see the beautiful sunrise and the sunset from our room. We could directly take a dip in the ocean too, because our room had these stairs that led us directly to the ocean. In the early mornings, we had beautiful birds visiting us and at nights, we had ray fish, sharks, all kinds of fish putting us to bed.
To begin with, we were welcomed in the true Tahiti style, with garlands and the yummiest possible juice. We had lunch at the Miki Miki and checked in. They are quite strict about their check-in/out timings. Hence, do note that when you plan your flight.
Our room was huge, comfortable and beautiful. It had a very non-hotel like feel to it and that worked for us! There was a transparent table in the room and if we looked below that, there was ocean life saying hello to us! :)
For lunch, we went to The Tevairoa Restaurant which requires reservation. You cannot walk in. The thing about Bora Bora is, you rise early and you sleep early. By 7, we were fast asleep and by 5 we were up and about.
The breakfast buffet was so extensive and great. Now a great buffet for vegetarians but you do have some great danish pastries and salads you can choose from.
We did some great activities. We went on ray fish and shark viewing and feeding. One of the best experiences of my life. The sight was UNBELIEVABLE. The ocean is so beautiful that you cant trust it to be true. BLISS! The water was so clear, we could feed the sharks and play with them. We played around with the ray fish too. Initially it was scary but later, it was great fun. We also went diving and saw the wonderful ocean life and corals you would have never seen ever - trust me when I say never ever!
We visited the town, watched the Tahiti festival, met the locals. They are a bunch of wonderful down to earth people with no qualms. All in all, it was a beautiful trip and it worked wonders for us.

Some tips -
*Fly via NZ if you are traveling from Asia or Non-American cities.
*Take the Air Tahiti Nui from NZ to Tahiti.
*Make sure you sync up the flight timings with the check-in and check-out timings because you would have had a long flight and you dont want to wait around.
*Make sure you have a great DSLR. Else, dont even bother going! :)
*If its a honeymoon, carry lot of swimwear. This is quite a hot/humid place so no jeans etc. Just shorts and some summer wear. Shop for this in your own country as this place is quite expensive.
*If you own an iphone, please carry your own charger and universal converter.
*If you are not up for relaxing and a whole lot of lazing around, this place may not be the best choice.
*Make sure you do the shark, ray fish feeding and island hopping. It is a pleasure and the hotel will organize this for you.

Have a great stay!

Room Tip: Take the overwater bungalow if you can afford it!
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
5  Thank SurabhiDhanke
Reviewed 8 May 2012

Stayed in an overwater bungalow. They have small coral reef nurseries under each hut for the fish to gather. We frequently opened the coffee table in the room to feed the fish underneath. We saw at least 8 different species of fish, octopus, and manta rays directly under our living room coffee table. The weather was slightly overcast but that meant it never got too hot and the sun didn't burn. The staff was very nice and provided good service. The hotel provided free kayaks, mini golf, tennis, volleyball, snorkel equipment, pool table, board games and a small selection of books which was excellent when you just want to have a short activity to do between lounging at the beach or other planned activities. I don't mind a firm mattress but my husband thought it was too firm. We had included buffet breakfast each morning which served a variety of pastry breads (my favorite part of breakfast), eggs made to order by chef (poached, fried, benedict, omellete), bacon/sausage, fruit, cereal, etc. which did have a good variety. The only real bad part was that the prices overall for meals are overpriced at the entire island, not just our hotel for only what I would consider to be decent food.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank sugarmoni
Reviewed 3 May 2012

The location is not prime - the best part of Bora Bora is on the east side of the island, the this resort is to the west (south of the airport). With promotional values, it is a decent choice. The property is showing its age, and do not expect 5 star experience here. If you want to save money, come here. If you want a memorable once in a life time experience, skip it. I was there with my two kids and other families - so it is OK. But if it is for me and my hubby, I certainly would pay more to stay at Four Seasons or St Regis, period.

Room Tip: The location is not prime - the best part of Bora Bora is on the east side of the island, the this resort is to the west (south of the airport). With promotional values, it is a decent choice. The property is showing its age, and do not expect 5 star experience here. If you want to save money, come here. If you want a memorable once in a life time experience, skip it.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank VJ3000GT
Reviewed 2 May 2012

My wife and I stayed here as one of two Bora Bora resorts we stayed at for our 25th wedding anniversary at. We stayed in a beachfront bungalow. It was excellent. The shower, bathroom and spa are under the stars in an enclosed area at the back of the bungalow. Out the front and we were on the beach to relax or go snorkling. The view over Mt Otemanu is amazing. One issue was a lack of gluten free options when dining, however, once they knew they did everything possible to accommodate me. The only other thing I couldn't get my head around was the Polynesian people greeting us in French rather than their own language. I would rather they welcome us in Tahitian.

Room Tip: If you are only staying in one resort definitely go for overwater but these are the best beachfront units I have stayed at. They are all as good as each other.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank GrahamLumley
Reviewed 27 April 2012

Bora Bora is so relaxing. I felt like I decompressed. The resort is lovely. We stayed in a overwater bungalow, they are very spacious. My only complaint is the air conditioning is not very effecient. I probably shouldnt have even had it on exept that my body wasnt adjusted to the tropical warmth yet. The bathroom was open to the air so if you close up the bathroom the aircon works better, just not really cool.

We saw a beach bungalow with the outside showers and it looked amazing as well. It seemed like you had your own private beach. The one thing that surprised me was that the lagoon is so shallow, only up to your waist for a long way out. It makes for easy snorkeling. Food was good although expensive. This is a place where you should definatley take the meal plan. Because it is on its own little motu (island) it takes a little effort to get to town and from what I heard the prices in town are not any less expensive. The resort is so stunningly lovely that you dont want to leave it any way. The breakfast buffet was fabulous, so many choices. Service was good and the views outstanding. The other meals had plenty of choices, so that you wont go hungry. What more can you ask from Tahiti?

Room Tip: You can request a softer mattress, some of our friends found the beds too firm
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends