Just finished my stay with multiple Q4 certificates. Overall, this is a great hotel, but it still has a long way to go for a truly luxurious one.
Before arrival at Bora Bora airport, my plan was to catch the free airport shuttle to Vaitape, and then Hilton shuttle to the hotel. However, when I entered the arrival lobby at 5:30 PM, I found Hilton reception desk immediately, which has the absolutely most strategic location in the entire lobby (left hand side of the arrival gate, you just can't miss it). The receptionist accurately recognized me by addressing my last name (I guess my flight was the last BOB inbound flight for that day) and warmly invited my family to the Hilton boat, which I had no reason to pass this offer. So I ended up with paying XPF 9240 for two adults anyway.
After checked in, it was around 7 PM and I was assigned to the room I requested: #109, a DLX OWB, which is a great room. At the morning when I checked out from Hilton Moorea, I was told Hilton BBN has much larger OWB than Hilton Moorea, and the bell boy claimed even the bathroom in BBN is about the same size as the whole OWB, which, later on, I found it's a true statement. Together with bathroom, living room and bedroom, Hilton's DLX OWB triples the size of Hilton Moorea's OWB.
The next morning, after a cursory look of the OWB, it turns out both internal and external are kinda of worn out. One thing I didn't like is the TV in my living room is an outdated CRT TV!
The OWB has a huge deck and enough privacy, but the water is fairly deep (~10 feet). I wish I should have chosen #114-115, which have more shallow water for snorkeling purpose.
There are three issues I wasn't totally satisfied with Hilton BBN:
(1) The Internet was out in most time during my stay, and I was told it happens all the time. I happened to have several very important emails to respond, and my only option is to go to the business center to use the free Internet there, where has the only Internet connection opened to hotel guests?!
(2) It took the housekeeper forever to bring me bottle water each day (HHonors diamond amenities). The first night I arrived late but I called front desk to ask for bottled water. The front desk promised to send somebody but he or she never showed up.
(3) The breakfast restaurant has very few selections (I don't know how Kardashians survived from this!) and I'd say BBN's breakfast is not so good as that in Hilton Moorea. What's more, the whole restaurant was erected on a beach and it is floored with sand! In general, this won't be an issue but on second morning it rained heavily and created a mess to our flip flops.
Overall, this is a great hotel for HHonors points redemption purpose and for an easy family getaway in French Polynesia, but if you are after luxurious service, stunning views and outstanding hotel environment, you need to choose a hotel on the east motu of Bora Bora.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Bora Bora... It's possibly the most glamorously famous island in the world. Bora Bora's legends, mysteries and romance lend an almost mystical dimension to its very name. The island rises up from the middle of the crystalline, multi-colored waters of its celebrated lagoon which is protected in turn from the ocean by a string of tiny coral islets. Suspended between turquoise waters and limitless skies, Conrad Bora Bora Nui Resort & Spa nestles in a sacred cove of white sand and majestic lava rock. Here you will find a sensitive blend of authenticity and luxury - the very best of Polynesian tradition combined with sumptuous comfort. A wifi connection is available for free all across the resort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, HotelQuickly and Agoda so you can book your Conrad Bora Bora Nui reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Bora Bora Nui Resort And Spa
- Hilton Bora Bora Nui Hotel Bora Bora
- Hilton Bora Nui Hotel
- Hilton Bora Nui Resort