“You just pay for what you get...”

Conrad Bora Bora Nui
Ranked #8 of 17 Hotels in Bora Bora
Chicago, Illinois
“You just pay for what you get...”
Reviewed 29 April 2012

Just finished my stay with multiple Q4 certificates. Overall, this is a great hotel, but it still has a long way to go for a truly luxurious one.

Before arrival at Bora Bora airport, my plan was to catch the free airport shuttle to Vaitape, and then Hilton shuttle to the hotel. However, when I entered the arrival lobby at 5:30 PM, I found Hilton reception desk immediately, which has the absolutely most strategic location in the entire lobby (left hand side of the arrival gate, you just can't miss it). The receptionist accurately recognized me by addressing my last name (I guess my flight was the last BOB inbound flight for that day) and warmly invited my family to the Hilton boat, which I had no reason to pass this offer. So I ended up with paying XPF 9240 for two adults anyway.

After checked in, it was around 7 PM and I was assigned to the room I requested: #109, a DLX OWB, which is a great room. At the morning when I checked out from Hilton Moorea, I was told Hilton BBN has much larger OWB than Hilton Moorea, and the bell boy claimed even the bathroom in BBN is about the same size as the whole OWB, which, later on, I found it's a true statement. Together with bathroom, living room and bedroom, Hilton's DLX OWB triples the size of Hilton Moorea's OWB.

The next morning, after a cursory look of the OWB, it turns out both internal and external are kinda of worn out. One thing I didn't like is the TV in my living room is an outdated CRT TV!

The OWB has a huge deck and enough privacy, but the water is fairly deep (~10 feet). I wish I should have chosen #114-115, which have more shallow water for snorkeling purpose.

There are three issues I wasn't totally satisfied with Hilton BBN:

(1) The Internet was out in most time during my stay, and I was told it happens all the time. I happened to have several very important emails to respond, and my only option is to go to the business center to use the free Internet there, where has the only Internet connection opened to hotel guests?!

(2) It took the housekeeper forever to bring me bottle water each day (HHonors diamond amenities). The first night I arrived late but I called front desk to ask for bottled water. The front desk promised to send somebody but he or she never showed up.

(3) The breakfast restaurant has very few selections (I don't know how Kardashians survived from this!) and I'd say BBN's breakfast is not so good as that in Hilton Moorea. What's more, the whole restaurant was erected on a beach and it is floored with sand! In general, this won't be an issue but on second morning it rained heavily and created a mess to our flip flops.

Overall, this is a great hotel for HHonors points redemption purpose and for an easy family getaway in French Polynesia, but if you are after luxurious service, stunning views and outstanding hotel environment, you need to choose a hotel on the east motu of Bora Bora.

Room Tip: 100 block is generally better than 200s and 300s.
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
8 Thank Wende L
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (515)
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
  • Vietnamese first
Gold Coast Australia
Reviewed 25 April 2012

We spent a beautiful 7 days for our anniversary at this fantastic resort.
We had 4 nights in a garden bungalow and 2 in an overwater bungalow.
Garden rooms were huge and beautifully decorated. But the OWB was amazing. You have to try it, even just for some of your stay.
The staff at the resort were so welcoming and helpful.
Some previous reviewers have complained a bit about the service, but we have nothing but good things to say. Ok, things might not go 100% perfectly, but hey, we're all human. And when you're in such a beautiful location, just enjoy it (and have another cocktail!!).

7 Thank Sammy0068
La Canada Flintridge, California, United States
Reviewed 24 April 2012

We were fortunate to recently stay at this hotel in an over-the-water bungalow. The room itself had a large and well decorated living room and adequate mini-bar. The bedroom was even larger with canopy bed, Large screen TV and a glass panel in the floor to view the lagoon life below. The bathroom was large and well appointed. All of it very luxurious. Outside was a private deck with two lounge chairs and a table and chairs. The lower deck provided a shower to rinse off after swimming in the lagoon.

From the moment we were greeted at the waterfront lobby we were treated to gracious hospitality. Although we did not sign up for any of the food packages, we ate dinner and lunch in the beachside restaurant several times. The food was excellent and the portions substantial. Perhaps the best swordfish I have ever eaten, and I love swordfish. We had a great view across a lagoon of the famous Bora Bora mountain range, and were fortunate in this regard since most of the villas do not have this view. The view is now my screen saver. Put this place on your on your Bucket List.

Room Tip: Request on of the overwater bungalows with a view of the Bora Bora mountains. The additional cost i...
3 Thank Doug R
Pasadena, California
Reviewed 23 April 2012

This is the most beautiful location in French Polynesia. The Hilton has a great location and is a good property. We were there in March 2011 and again April 2012. There was a loss of service and attention to detail from 2011 to 2012, as it seems someone is not paying as much attention to the little details; I would expect more from a 5 star resort. I still recommend this resort for location, sun and snorkeling and they will do a good job. Just don't set your expectations on "great" and you'll be fine and have a good time.

Room Tip: We enjoyed the overwater bungalow. We have always selected "deluxe" over water, as we don...
2 Thank AtRisk-Traveler
Russell Ontario
Reviewed 23 April 2012

The Hilton Bora Bora has huge bungalows, with large living room, separate bedroom and huge bathroom. It is a beautiful property and we enjoyed our 4 nights there very much with the breakfast and dinner package daily, the food was excellent. We had a open ocean view. If you prefer to see the famous Bora Bora mountain, you will have to choose another resort. We enjoyed the boat excursion all around the island including swimming with the rays and sharks.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple