“Great place and great owners”

and 1 more site!
Susitna River Lodging
Reviewed 17 February 2012

We live in Anchorage and visit Talkeetna three times a year. The lodge and cabins are very nice, and the property is in a lovely spot. In particular, I like the cabins, which have a cool loft that will fire up kids (and, of course, me). The river really is just outside the front door and there is the opportunity to enjoy a campfire on a sandbar in front of the lodge in the evening. Most importantly, the lodge owners were extremely friendly and helpful, and they graciously helped us out of a jam when they had no obligation to do so. Without a doubt we will go back.

Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank 111Jim

Reviewed 9 January 2012

My family stayed over New Years 2010-2011 and we didn't want to leave! My husband and I stayed with our 2 children ages 5 and 2 along with my sister and her husband. We stayed in a room in the main house and it was comfortable for all of us. The owners really made us feel like family. They had a great bonfire on the ice and even provided marshmallows and hot chocolate for the kids! On New Years day we wanted to watch the Rose Bowl game and Darlene (the owner) set out snacks so we could watch on the big TV in the main house. We also rented snow machines one day and we really enjoyed it. Had it been clear that day we could have seen the mountains, but it was quite overcast. I don't care what season it is, when we get back to Alaska I will definately visit them again!

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank Tara S
Reviewed 30 November 2011

I happened to be in Talkeetna this past October. The day was beautiful, not a cloud in the sky. I decided to get a room and book a flight over Mt. Denali the following day which was suppose to be weather perfect. There was a sign that said open at the Susitna river lodge which I was happy about being off season. Darlene, the owner, greeted me in the office with hot coffee and a plate of peanut butter cookies she had made that afternoon. I ended up rented one of their cabins which over looked the mountains. The cabin was spotless. It was very comfortable and had everything I could have possibly needed. I was amazed that when I got out of bed in the wee hours of the morning to hopefully see northern lights, that the open sign was still on in the main home and it was well lit. Highly recommend staying here. Connie W.

Room Tip: The cabins have a view of the mountain range and sit right on the river.
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed 14 November 2011

We stayed here as part of a group tour with Planet Earth Adventures and we had the most enjoyable, relaxing stay in Talkeetna. Our cabin was very charming and the hosts of the property, Darlene & Howard were the most accommodating and friendly people we've met. The cabins are nestled in the woods on the banks of the Talkeetna River. They are quite charming and even have thir own kitchenette. The property also has a main lodge that has a large TV and area to relax. They provide a continental breakfast in the morning. This is a great place to stay in Talkeetna. Definately would return.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 12 November 2011

Stayed here three nights in September 2011. Funky town of Talkeetna is a couple miles away from this little piece of paradise. Our room was big with a bay window overlooking the Susitna riverbedand an upstairs sleeping loft. Couldn't believe the enormous wildflowers at rivers edge. Breakfast was delicious each morning and the Hunters are gracious hosts.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple