US$ 118
US$ 108
US$ 105
US$ 104
US$ 92
Aaron Court Motel(Timaru)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 25/07
Book now, pay at stay
US$ 61
US$ 54
Free cancellation until 26/07
US$ 104
All reviewsspa bathon site restaurantnew managersexcellent accommodationhand basinlovely lady on receptionfree guest laundrylovely bathroom productsquiet motellounge room and bedroomamazing spamanuka honeydvd librarybotanical gardensmodern furnishingsreception deskwanted somewhere
Reviewed 16 September 2017 via mobile

So my regular hotel was booked up so looked for Timaru options. Aspen on King was suggested and I am glad I went there. Into the back units. Off the street. Great parking. Great room and big for working through the day. Clean. Spacey. Warm great. Nothing to say wrong. I will be back for sure.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business
Aspen o, Manager at Aspen on King, responded to this reviewResponded 17 September 2017

Thank you for taking the time to place a lovely review, we are glad you enjoyed your stay and look forward to having you stay again.

Reviewed 26 August 2017

We were coming home from Christchurch and thought we would break the trip with a night in Timaru. So I hunted the net and made a decision as to our stay location. Was presented with a choice - book a room and pay on site or pay now. So I popped the credit card number in and did not think agaiin about it. Fortunately though, there must have been alarm bells somewhere because I did not close the web pages to do the booking. Instructions on tha page said to print the confirmation but no available printer precluded that.

Arrived at the motel and girl behind the counter said I cannot have paid because they do not take bookings via booking.com – just reservations. I suggested that the page had a PAID note in large red capitals.
Still no joy so paid again thinking that it should be easy enough to get it sorted and tee up a refund.

Went to room and cranked up the net. Took it back to office and showed the girl the large red PAID on the screen.
She went and got Dad.

Dad said we cannot have paid because they do not have that arrangement with booking.com. When I asked what the red PAID meant, he explained that it meant the booking had been taken and a reservation made!! I asked why they would use the word PAID if they meant a reservation had been confirmed. Finally, after a long debate, he accepted that we had paid after I explained what the page looked like and how I paid.
My money was refunded.

5 minutes later he came to the room and said there had been a mistake made – my initial credit card payment to booking.com had been passed on to the mptel on a booking.com credit card and that now the motel is out of pocket. I needed to go over and do another refund.

He was getting more and more agitated and irrational and louder and louder. My wife had a heavy cold and does not travel well anyway and had gotten under the duvet while I was over at the office – he came and sat on the bed to explain it to her! Sitting on her bed - I ask you!

I went across to the office thoroughly confused and did what he wanted just to get rid of him. He was confused, did not know how his EFTPOS system worked, did not know how booking.com worked and kept bleating how difficult booking.com was to work with - none of which are my problems.

I suspect that we have paid $300 for the nights accommodation now but will not be able to check till our credit card statement comes out. So tjhe battle may only be half over.

Would I recommend the place - no! Would I stay there again - only when hell freezes over!

Room Tip: Pick another motel.
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
Aspen o, Manager at Aspen on King, responded to this reviewResponded 20 October 2017

Error on booking.com created a miscommunication and the guest was never charged twice. After demanding a refund the booking.com error was discovered. The card charged at check in was a virtual card supplied by booking.com, therefore the guests refund, needed to be reversed and after going to extreme lengths, his wife confirmed from the two receipts, that the card numbers were different. And payment was made to balance the ledger. Booking.com has now corrected the error, as we do not accept online prepayment from the Expedia - Trivago and Booking.com duopoly.

Reviewed 17 August 2017

My family spent 2 nights here following a accident . Not only was the motel facilities excellent the managers were superb !

Our room was very comfrbale - spacious - very clean and providing all the facilities you could want ! It was alos very quiet with a nice lawn around the back

Aspen is in a great location - close to all facilities yet not crowded

The manager went out of their way to assist and I saw them display this same attitude to other guests

A definate choose for thos location for a great motel great service very reasonable price

Room Tip: all rooms looked okay
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
Aspen o, Manager at Aspen on King, responded to this reviewResponded 26 August 2017

Thank you for taking the time to place your lovely review. We are glad you enjoyed your stay with us and look forward to having you stay again in the future.

Reviewed 11 August 2017

The rooms were of reasonable size, and clean and tidy. We had a one bed suite. There was a kitchenette with a hotplate and microwave so you would be able to self cater if you wish to.
There was adequate heating supplied, plus other requirements such as hairdryer, laundry etc.
Restaurants are a short drive away.

Stayed: August 2017

Reviewed 6 August 2017 via mobile

We stayed here on our family vacation under recommendation from my parents.
We were welcomed by lovely new managers. Our room was spacious,lovely and quite. Their was a trampoline for the kids to play on and a large chess board.
We enjoyed our nights stay here and look forward to coming back soon. Thank you.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family

Thank you for taking the time to place such a lovely review we are glad you enjoyed your stay, we look forward to having you stay again with your family.