We needed a motel last-minute after we couldn't get into our batch, and fortunately managed to get a 5 bed unit at the Hobbit. The unit had 2 bedrooms (one with a queen bed, the other with two singles) and an extra single bed in the living room. The kitchen had all the essentials for us to cook a good meal after our skiing.
Overall it was clean, tidy and well-equipped, and good value per person.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hobbit Motorlodge is nestled below the Turoa skifield of Mt Ruapehu. The site enjoys close proximity to the central business area whilst still offering a peaceful tree surrounded alpine escape. We offer premium rooms ranging from large spacious studios with kitchenette to two bedroom suites with full kitchen facilities. We also offer comfortable dormitory rooms for travellers in our lodge. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Agoda and Booking.com so you can book your The Hobbit Motorlodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hobbit Motorlodge Ohakune
- The Hobbit Motorlodge Ohakune, North Island