All reviews heated pool log cabin tongariro crossing swiss chalet top floor powder keg ski season new zealand mini bar highly recommend staying here hotel restaurant wonderful atmosphere main restaurant snow centre wings beautiful room both nights
Reviewed 14 October 2017 via mobile

I was not expecting something so wonderful! I felt like I was staying in a luxury log cabin.
I ended up in the very large ‘The Mansion ‘ room. If you are travelling with a group this is a must do. Four bedrooms, sleeps eight, two bathrooms, kitchen and lounge.
The bed was comfy and the room (s) was clean, warm and beautifully decorated.
I looked at my colleagues rooms which were the standard rooms and they looked like beautiful little log cabin rooms (with balconies) too.
Staff were great. I can’t fault this place at all.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 1 October 2017

We stayed for 3 nights and thoroughly enjoyed our stay. From check in, bar and restaurant everyone we met went the extra mile to make our stay comfortable and enjoyable.

We were in room 309 which was a great sized room, very clean and comfortable bed. The "Harry Potter" room was great fun for our son. Not to mention the heated indoor pool with bar service the perfect way to finish a day of fantastic skiing.

The Snow Centre on site is super convenient for renting equipment etc.

Thanks to everyone at Powderhorn and PowderKeg for making our stay memorable.

Room Tip: Large room, heated indoor pool, snow rental gear onsite, large open fireplaces.
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 28 September 2017

Spent a couple of nights in this brilliant hotel. The location is very good, really close to Turoa ski tracks. Rooms are very cozy, the restaurant was amazing, delicious food and great service. Overall, the customer service at Powderhorn Chateau was exceptional. The heated pool is a perfect way to spend an afternoon after skiing or snowboarding during the day. There are other activities available in the area such as walking and mountain bike tracks in case the lifts are closed. Would definitely recommend it to friends and family!

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 4 September 2017

Perfect location right on the road up to the skiing at Turoa. We grabbed a free shuttle from 50 m down the road. Ski hire facilities on site were efficient and friendly, with a place to store your stuff overnight if you're a guest. Hotel staff were pleasant and efficient. Room spacious, cosy and comfortable. Main restaurant, the Matterhorn, was pleasant with good food and warm atmosphere. Brasserie also had good food in amongst bar area and they managed great service even when really busy. Hot pool great for a dip after skiing, complete with button for bar service! All pretty faultless and to sum up sure there are cheaper places but you'd be hard pushed to find a better one.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 August 2017 via mobile

This triple threat establishment absolutely kills it in all areas. The hotel, bar and restaurant all provide a charming experience with super lovely staff, quaint and timeless decor and generously portioned comfort food.

I was so overwhelmed with joy I almost cried when I found out there was a massive spa pool with a intercom through to the bar. After thrashing it down the slops all day I can't think of anything more appropriate than to sip on a mulled wine or cold beer in a hot pool!

Can't image ever staying anywhere else in Kune. Much love to the owners and team for an amazing experience!

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with friends