“Professional, super friendly and efficient ”
Review of Divers Down

Divers Down
Ranked #1 of 13 Tours in Fujairah
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Divers Down is the only CDC PADI Dive Center operating since 2002. Family friendly with a great club-like atmosphere, we are 1st choice for expats and tourists who want to dive or learn SCUBA-diving on the East Coast of the UAE. We offer 3 dives (plus night dive) onboard our 3 dive boats. Multilingual, experienced instructors teach the full range of PADI courses and specialties. Safety 1st – fun 2nd.
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

My husband dived & I snorkelled. From start to finish we were made very welcome, like part of their family. Even though we were a bit out of practice, we weren’t made to feel like rookies, which was highly appreciated. We will go back with our kids next time. Highly recommend these guys.

Nicola L, Manager at Divers Down, responded to this reviewResponded 8 April 2018

Thank you for your lovely review Victoria, we hope to see you in the water soon!

All reviews
"miramar beach"
"beautiful sea life"
"supportive staff"
in 2 reviews
"highly recommend these guys"
"highest quality"
"open water"
in 5 reviews
"answered all our questions"
"hole in the wall"
in 3 reviews
"dibba rock"
in 5 reviews
"see you soon"
"boat captain"

Reviewed 24 March 2018 via mobile

I've just completed my AOW + Nitrox at Divers Down. The dive center is well equipped, boats are OK, staff is very friendly and knowledgeable. Communication via email was smooth. Elicia has been my instructor: she's been very professional, yet we've had a lot of fun. I will definitely come back. Thank you guys! Best, N.

Nicola L, Manager at Divers Down, responded to this reviewResponded 25 March 2018

Thanks Nicola for your lovely feedback! We hope to see you in the water soon.

Reviewed 18 March 2018

I spent the weekend at the Miramar Beach Resort to get my open water cert with Divers Down, which is just a few steps away- very convenient. I had never been diving before and was just jumping in to this head first, as I do. I got through the pool skills fine with our two fantastic instructors- Elicia and Nicolas- but then had some panic issues on our first dive out in the Gulf. I had to surface to calm down and nearly quit, but Nico was very encouraging and helped me work through it. We went back down again, this time being only marginally better in terms of the panic, but I was able to complete the dive. The next day, I decided to slow things down and only do one more dive to get my scuba cert, rather than the three dives we had planned for the open water certification. The instructors were kind and supportive, and the company was great about being flexible with my change of plans. Our second dive was amazing! Whatever jitters I'd had the day before vanished once we were underwater again and I was able to enjoy the beautiful sea life. That dive felt like such a triumph and I am grateful to Nico for sticking by my side to help me get past my fears. Both of our instructors had a great sense of humor that kept the long days of training enjoyable, but more importantly, they were knowledgable and made us feel safe. I will definitely be back soon to complete my open water with Divers Down- I can't recommend them highly enough!

Thank you for your wonderful review! Elicia and Nico will be thrilled. We are looking forward to having you back!

Reviewed 16 March 2018

I was signed up for the open water course over 2 days. I didn't realize the course pacing is usually 3 days, and it turned out to be too fast for me. However, my instructors, Elicia & Nico, were amazing! I freaked out under water on shortly after we started the pool session. Elicia was patient and kind. She understood what I was feeling, explained what was going on in my body and encouraged me to continue. I tried again but decided to stop and spend the weekend on the beach instead. Here is where Elicia was really awesome: she was supportive and assured me I could get through the class and there were lots of ways to get it done (like one-on-one instructor, taking more time, doing it over several weekends). If I go back to finish the course, I will definitely have her or Nico be my instructor! They were both amazingly supportive and I felt safe with both of them.

The manager Mikayla was super understanding about the freak-out (apparently this happens more that I think) and also assured me I could return and finish the course.

We stayed at the hotel for the weekend, which I highly recommend if you are taking a course there. It's really nice to just have to walk across the pool to get to your room after a long day.

1  Thank Joy Z
Nicola L, Manager at Divers Down, responded to this reviewResponded 20 March 2018

Hi Joy,

Thank you for your lovely review! It was a pleasure to have you with us.

We look forward to continuing your course when ready.