See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 28 August 2016 via mobile

This 4 star hotel advertises theme rooms and I must admit that at first glance it looked great. Over time it became evident that the theme for our room was "find something that works".
Safe not operable will fix maniana.
A/c not coping will fix maniana.
Room light switch not working.
Only spare power point in the room not working.
Bedspread was that old and threadbare that two large holes were evident.
Balcony door locks you out on the balcony unless you are Hercules.
Bathroom door makes up for the balcony doors because it won't close.
Of most concern to us though was the fact that someone has picked up this hotel and moved it from where it advertised itself as being some 400m from the old city to over 1 kM away.
Lots of nicer looking hotels within the old city.

Date of stay: August 2016
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank tom s
Reviewed 10 July 2016 via mobile

I stayed here for a few days in August. I used to live in Las Palmas and I'd organised for several friends to stay here but had never had the opportunity to stay myself. A lovely hotel, rooms are clean and fresh. I had a lovely sea view. I felt very comfortable staying here on my own - which is not the case everywhere. The rooftop pool and the spa are both lovely and I made good use of them. Friendly and welcoming staff. Breakfast had an excellent choice. I'd stay here again!

Date of stay: August 2015
Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank CarolynC1626
Reviewed 17 December 2015

miguel and i were walkilg the streets of avila trying to find somewhere we could have a coffee,then wwe came across the hotel isabel,a 4 star hotel across the ground floor behind the engraved glass was a ,coffee room,in we went.
the interior was very smart, wood panelled walls with marble topped tables with comfortable chairs surrounded you when you entered. there were no mothers comng back from the shops in here,there were groups of business people.
we had meet in sauce and cherithos and coffee, all for 5 euros
i will be back

n you enetered

Date of stay: December 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 21 November 2015

I know Avila and its wide range of hotels, but this time I wanted a classy room for half the usual prince. Comfy bed and good furniture all around. This hotel is next to the train station and a 10 minutes walk away from the historic centre. Besides, you can park your car for free in the streets nearby, as long as it is not a "blue" zone.

Date of stay: June 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 April 2015

I will make this short...
Tired room, not very spacious, Room very warm, don't know why. To be fair, updated bathroom.
Food awful-yellow congealed glop as a soup appetizer, wine that had turned to vinegar, fishy smelling overlooked salmon, fruit salad straight out of the can for dessert. Do yourself a favor and stay away. I could not eat or drink a thing and went to a lovely place down the street where I tried the famous Avila chuleton. That is great food!
Service-horrendous, waitress slammed our dishes down in front of us, and kicked my bag to move it away while she was serving :-(

Date of stay: April 2015