United Colors of Bali
Hotel Tugu Bali(Canggu)(Great Value!)
US$ 359
US$ 339
The Kirana Hotel Resto and Spa(Canggu)(Great Value!)
US$ 71
Legong Keraton Beach Hotel(Canggu)(Great Value!)
US$ 53
US$ 49
Agoda.com
Aradhana Villas(Canggu)(Great Value!)
US$ 191
Ngeluwungan Boutique Villa(Canggu)(Great Value!)
US$ 91
US$ 68
Theanna Eco Villa and Spa(Canggu)(Great Value!)
US$ 189
Orbitz.com
FRii Bali Echo Beach, Hotel(Canggu)(Great Value!)
US$ 56
US$ 48
Agoda.com
Amore Villas(Canggu)
TripAdvisor
TripAdvisor
All reviewsfrench coupleliving roomsmall private gardenpool area is perfectkuta legian seminyakmobile phonecooking facilitiesthe main touristamerican breakfastking bedwater dispenserclean poolbeautiful hotelrice paddiesstayed longerenjoyed our stayecho beach
Reviewed 26 July 2016

Our family had a great 5 days at United Colors of Bali. Owners and staff were friendly and always willing to assist. Whilst the location is not on the beach we hired 2 scooters from the hotel and found it easy to get around. Hotel is central to many restaurants (nice local one directly opposite) with access roads to various beaches being just around the corner. Canggu Club area and Seminyak also easily accessed if you have scooter. Villa was clean and spacious with 2 bedrooms upstairs and open living, kitchen and bathroom downstairs. Nice big pool for you to cool off in at the end of the day. Free water dispenser so you can refill bottles and cut down on plastic. Breakfast was included (lots of delicious options). Good value for families who need a couple of bedrooms and some living space.

• Stayed: July 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 15 July 2016

United Colors of Bali is a beautiful place. Each villa is assigned a color, and has an open air (ie, 3 walls) living room, and two bedrooms. Bed is comfy. It actually rained when I was there and it was relaxing to hear the rain fall on the roof. Breakfast was delicious, and the women who work at the restaurant are very kind. Buy the papaya jam to take home!!! It is awesome.

One thing for me, as I was traveling solo--I was a little nervous that there wasn't a lock for the main villa, (ie, the living room) but this is a safe area so I got over it after the first night. There are locks for each bedroom. The only other downside is that it is far from the beach in Canguu; if you ride a motorbike you won't have a problem, but just know that taxis are strict there and will charge you about 70K rupiah (about $6/7 U.S. dollars, which is reasonable for us in the States, but is more expensive for Bali prices).

Sophie and Phillipe, the French couple who own and run the villa, are extremely helpful, kind, and warm. They helped book a "GO Jek" (i.e, a motorbike Uber/Lyft driver) for me because I couldn't do it from my phone from the States. They also have some great jewelry, clothing and other trinkets to sell; the great thing is that all the profit goes back to a local orphanage.

Last thing: the massage near the pool was AWESOME. Book one here!

Room Tip: They're all good, from what I can tell
  • Stayed: June 2016, travelled solo
Reviewed 12 June 2016 via mobile

Traveling alone, I felt UCB suited me perfectly since I was looking to relax. I stayed for 12 days, and loved every bit of it. Breakfast was always delicious. From the homemade papaya/pineapple jam to the delicious pancakes. The villa was always so clean and the property is very well maintained. Philipe was very helpful with setting up my tours and also very kind and hospitable. Also Marion made me feel very comfortable there and was always so helpful and kind. Thank you UCB for making my stay so memorable. I would love to come back!

Stayed: June 2016, travelled solo
Reviewed 19 May 2016

Pilates Retreat Asia had a wonderful experience during their second Pilates & Accro Yoga retreat with ladies from all over the world attending.
The staff at UCB - the yoga studio and meals were so refreshing and uplifting.
Thank you !

Stayed: June 2015, travelled with friends
Reviewed 15 January 2016

We LOVED United Colors of Bali. For many reasons:
-Sophie and Philippe - the friendly, kind and helpful French owners - and the rest of the lovely staff. We felt at home, safe and so cared for
-The warm and clean pool. We hung around there when we didn't get an Uber to go to various cafes/bars/restaurants (Uber was awesome for us - much better than local taxis - although not to the airport). We didn't go to the beach to swim, the pool was so nice! There is also a book exchange that you can read a book from/donate a book to in a covered area that has comfy bean bags!
-The affordable and high quality massages in the little massage hut near the pool
-The daily breakfasts, which involved yummy home-made jam, fresh juice, fresh bread from Bali Buda, decorative flowers and bamboo straws
-The fact that Sophie sells things (e.g. bags, sarongs) at the front of the hotel to support a local orphanage
-The lovely grass, plants, butterflies and buddhas around the complex
-Our clean and comfortable 2-floor villa, with free water and a well-stocked and affordable fridge of Snickers bars and lemonade! There was a cool outdoor shower, a beautiful big lounge table, a really great strong fan on the ground floor and cooking facilities! We didn't cook, because it was so easy and cheap to order in takeaway/delivery food (we loved to order in from the local Italian and Bali Buda)
The only slight negatives were that the wifi didn't work everywhere in our villa very well (but you're meant to be on holiday!), the air con wasn't as strong as it could have been on very hot days, there was a bit of a damp smell at times and there were heaps of mozzies! But hey, very small negatives compared to the positives!
I am SURE that we will be back. We are a young couple; but it would be a great place for a family, too!
Thank you so much, Sophie and Philippe - see you again soon! xx Ray and Rebecca