Unfortunately we only stayed at the hotel for one night during our tour of Kerala. I would have liked to have stayed longer as it is a truly beautiful hotel but, we were unable to enjoy the hotel, due to a large wedding taking place which took over most of the ground floor of the hotel as certain sections were cordoned off. Our room was on the fourth floor and had a balcony which overlooked the inside of the hotel which was very nice. However, the music from the wedding was so loud that we could not hear ourselves think in our room, let alone have a normal conversation, as everything was literally vibrating. I have never seen or heard anything quite like it apart from at a music concert. It was a huge disappointment not to have been able to relax downstairs during the evening. We had an early start the following morning and were told that the loud music would finish at 11pm. The party was still rocking at 11:20pm when, I imagine, the hotel staff were fed up with people complaining and the wedding party moved to another part of the hotel.
On a positive note, the hotel is lovely, the staff are friendly, the rooms are a good size and very clean and the food in the restaurant was good, especially the desserts.
I just feel that the hotel management need to consider other residents in the hotel when they host events of this size.
Worth a visit but just hope no weddings are taking place!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- UDS located at the famed beaches of Kovalam, just 15 meters from the sea, is an exclusive 4 Star leisure beach hotel& Spa - a destination by itself. The setting, facilities, people, spa, cuisine and its whole philosophy is dedicated to your personal wellness in a luxurious environment. Just by being at UDS-one of the finest hotels in kovalam, your stresses start to flutter away; the landscaping has its own serenity, a harmony of a defined architecture, spacious lawns, blue water pools and soaring coconut grooves all set in four tranquil acres by the sea. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, HotelQuickly, Booking.com, ClearTrip, MakeMyTrip, Yatra, Agoda and TravelGuru so you can book your Uday Samudra Leisure Beach Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Uday Samudra Beach
- Uday Samudra Beach Hotel
- Uday Samudra Beach Thiruvananthapuram Trivandrum
- Uday Samudra Leisure Beach Hotel & Spa Kovalam, Kerala