We stayed at the Soma Palmshore for 2 weeks with a short break while we travelled by rail to Ooty. We loved the ambience of this hotel. If you are looking for a typical chain hotel this is probably not for you. The Soma has character and a very Indian feel which, as travellers from England, was what we wanted. We found the staff very friendly and helpful and our deluxe room, although not luxurious was spacious and clean with a very comfortable king size bed. Details like the old fridge let it down and we would have liked either BBC world or CNN on the flat screen TV. The bathroom had a very efficient shower with hot water at all times from our own heater.
The view from our balcony was gorgeous - palm trees, a well kept garden, and an almost private beach with the sound of waves crashing on the sand. The pool was a decent size, the water quality was checked regularly, and there was an ample supply of towels.
Breakfast was fine for us as we only require fruit, juice, toast and tea and all of these were available but there were plenty of other local dishes to choose from. We only ate an evening meal in the hotel once but it was very good. The proximity of many restaurants along the main beach meant that we could eat good quality meals somewhere different most nights.
You do have to be prepared to walk uphill to the Soma but we managed it and we are 'seniors'. It helped to walk off the rotis and naans anyway.
After our few days travelling on the railways it was wonderful to return to this lovely relaxing hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- An idyllic holiday resort by the beach, Soma Palmshore has everything you need to take a break from the mundane – to relax, to refresh and to relive every moment.Located at the Kovalam Light House Beach in Kerala, which is popular world-over for its palm fringed beach, the sun, the sand and the surf, Soma Palmshore offers you much more than just a beach vacation. A comfortable stay, a delightful cuisine, the rejuvenating experience of Ayurveda, the soothing effect of Yoga, an experience of the local tradition and culture…and much more! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, ClearTrip, Agoda and HostelWorld so you can book your Soma Palmshore Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Soma Palmshore Beach Hotel Kovalam
- Soma Palmshore Beach Resort Kovalam, Kerala