We booked this by first going through the internet. It is absolutely picture-postcard-perfect pretty and the decor is also a lovely muted green keeping in tune with its abundant verdant surroundings. Our room was large with its own veranda which had a view of the swimming pool. Unfortunately the view was blocked by the overhanging leaves of the trees in front of the building so we really didn't sit out much. Another misnomer is that the hotel is on the beach itself; it is and it is not. The hotel is built on several levels so to go the beach you have to climb down quite a few stairs and then several more steps cut into the lawn. Going downhill is easy but climbing up all those stairs from the beach can be tiring. However it is really worth the effort as the private beach is absolutely beautiful with its silver sands and blue surf and an absolute bonus that is no soul in sight for miles. The famous Lighthouse beach is a walking distance away if you interested in touristy stuff and some really great fresh sea-food.
We were there during the lpeak festive period in October so there was not much variation in the food you could order.Breakfast was complimentary while lunch was buffet. The food was standard fare,mostly good but occasionally lapsing into uninspiring and insipid not to speak dangerous. The husband floating in his soup while yours truly had a severe acidity attack after eating puri/sabzi for breakfast. The staff were duly apologetic about the soup and had it replaced while the acidity attack had to fend for itself as there were no doctors.
Coming back to the rooms, though large it did not have an adequate cupboard and the bathrooms though expensively fitted, were old-fashioned not to say inconvenient to use. Also the choice of toiletries was rather sub-standard relative to the tariff we were paying. At times we had to inform reception about the lack or the shortage of water even.Another disappointment was the so-called Ayurvedic doctor on the premises; turned out that he was merely a salesman who was pitching local lotions and potions on us poor unsuspecting tourists.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- An idyllic holiday resort by the beach, Soma Palmshore has everything you need to take a break from the mundane – to relax, to refresh and to relive every moment.Located at the Kovalam Light House Beach in Kerala, which is popular world-over for its palm fringed beach, the sun, the sand and the surf, Soma Palmshore offers you much more than just a beach vacation. A comfortable stay, a delightful cuisine, the rejuvenating experience of Ayurveda, the soothing effect of Yoga, an experience of the local tradition and culture…and much more! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, ClearTrip, Agoda and HostelWorld so you can book your Soma Palmshore Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Soma Palmshore Beach Hotel Kovalam
- Soma Palmshore Beach Resort Kovalam, Kerala