“Krog's Kamp is Alaska's Best Choice for Adventure and Fishing!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Krog's Kamp Lodge and Cabins

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Soldotna
Krog's Kamp Lodge and Cabins
Akron, Ohio
“Krog's Kamp is Alaska's Best Choice for Adventure and Fishing!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 July 2011

I have dreamed of going to Alaska since I was 14 and had the amazing opportunity to celebrate my 53 birthday at Krog's Kamp on the Kenai River in Soldotna. Mel and Bob the owners of 35 years are incredible hosts as is their son Eric who insures your every comfort.
I came as a 'client/guest' and left as a friend. It was clear by the returning 'friends' of many years that it is the ONLY choice to find your Alaskan adventure. The cabin was modern and comfortable and the meals were first rate.
Oh yeah...the fishing? FANTASTIC! from float fishing on the upper Kenai, Halibut fishing on the Inlet, flaot plane trips to glacial lakes and working the lower Kenai with their skilled (and fun) guides it was far beyond my best expectations!
It's an easy drive and beautiful (all highway) from Anchorage....you must give Mel and Bob your first and best shot to enjoy Alaska and it's amazing wild wonders!
Patrick Norris
phnorris76@yahoo.com

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
3 Thank phnorris76
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Couples
Solo
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Sarsota, Fla
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 July 2011

Everything at this resort was top drawer. The Owners were very friendly and gladly handled every request and even provided much more than what was expected from this trip. They have a stable of excellant professional fishing guides that covers every kind of fishing available in Alaska. We had meals provided in our plan. The meals were not only fun, but the food was outstanding. It was like going to grandma's house for dinner. The accomodations were sparkling clean and they offered whatever sporting equipment you needed for the day. I recommend Krog's Kamp and plan to go back next year to catch more of the Kenai River fish.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
3 Thank macnorris
Tampa, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 December 2010

Our group of 18 was made right at home at the lodge. With the friendly help of our innkeepers were were set up with wonderful fly out trips to see bears and put on to some of the fishing that has made Alaska one of the must do vacations. I can't think of any better place to experience Alaska than with the friendly people at Krogs Kamp. Pricey-Smicey; if you want cheap you can camp on the river. I plan on returning and I will be chillin and catching here with with my friends.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled with friends
2 Thank rgreenfla
Lighthouse Point, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 September 2010

It was the last week of August 2009. I had never been to Alaska and wanted to go badly. I got hooked up with Krog's Kamp from my longtime travel agent and I thank her for that every time I see her. My friend and I had a really great time, caught our limit of fish everyday and the weather was perfect. The inkeepers were very friendly and helpful in many ways. The only complaint we had was that we couldn't stay longer. The whole trip was had at a very fair price and I can hardly wait to get back there. Thanks a whole lot Mel & Bob, I hope to see you all soon...

• Stayed October 2009, travelled with friends
2 Thank Mike2790
Anchorage, Alaska
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 July 2010

If you want to pull fish out of the river and walk back to your cabin - you can do it here. But don't expect a friendly hello when you show up. Based on the crabby attitude of the innkeeper, I honestly wouldn't have stayed there had I not been with a big group.
On the plus side, they do have free laundry which helps when you have smelly fish clothes to wash. The hot tub looked inviting, and there is a nice fish cleaning table that you can use if they let you. At first they told us we couldn't use it - then later said we could. I thought it was very pricey.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled with friends
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
4 Thank kkmo
krogskamp, Owner at Krog's Kamp Lodge and Cabins, responded to this review, 30 May 2012
The year before this post, I had asked a guest to please leave my property after they refused to adhere to our Fish and Game laws. The guest was not happy when they were told that they could not trade away the fish that they had dip netted which is reserved for residents only. They had harvested the fish and had more than they wanted and were trading them to non-residents for sport caught clams - against the law. When they were told they could not do that, the guest got very angry and was screaming at me. At this point, I told her to please get he fish and depart my property. The guest was not charged for her lodging for the two nights they had stayed here. She threatened to "ruin us on the internet". The only guest who met the criteria for being here with a group as was indicated in this post, was this person and I am certain that this is the person who wrote this evaluation. If you have any questions regarding this incident please contact us.