“Great Dinner”

Ranked #7 of 69 Restaurants in Soldotna
Price range: US$ 15 - US$ 35
Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Mykel's is one of the Kenai Peninsula's finest restaurants for lunch and dinner. Our dinner menu features fresh Alaskan seafood & choice steaks as well as chicken, pork, pasta and rack of lamb entrees. We also offer a full spectrum of appetizers, salads, & desserts. Our lounge has a full bar complete with an amazing wine list and Alaskan tap beers. Lunches include 1/2 pound angus beef burgers, two daily homemade soups, hearty sandwiches and beautiful salads.
Reviewed 7 August 2018 via mobile

We took a night off from cooking at our cabin. We had a group of about 9. Great service and drinks. Ordered 3 appetizers. Most everyone had smoked ribeye or prime rib. Everyone enjoyed it. I had scallops. They were very good.
I've read several reviews about price. I found their prices to be in line with everything else in Alaska. Nothing is cheap. Considering a two cheeseburger meal at McDonald's is 8.50, dinner was worth it.

1  Thank WCU95KA

Reviewed 4 August 2018

The King Crab, Steamer clams, and Halibut Fish and Chips are all excellent. We ate here 3 nights in a row because of the cozy atmosphere and excellent seafood.

Reviewed 3 August 2018

I spent two nights in the Inn and this restaurant is attached to it. I went in to eat and was seated. There was a fellow with two girls cursing and swearing near me so I got up and told the hostess, I couldn't sit there and enjoy a meal with this foul mouthed fellow close by. She pointed to the bartender girl and said sit in the bar and that she would take good care of me. I sat at the bar with menu in hand and ordered a beer. I kept looking at the menu and speaking to the girl bartender and finally put my menu down. She never once asked me if I was ready to order and I felt it wasn't my place to ask, her job! By then I had sat for fifteen minutes and thought, she's got 15 minutes more or I'm walking out. After 1/2 hour I asked her what I owed her for the beer and she said $5.50 and asked if I wanted my change. I said "yes"! I got up and walked out!! Went straight to the manager's office and complained and the next day checking out they took almost $40.00 off my two nights. I really appreciated it. Worst service ever!! I would have fired her for treating customers like that!!

Reviewed 27 July 2018

Their food was amazing! I had fresh halibut in a red curry sauce. Also tried the king crab legs! Heaven on a plate!!

Reviewed 25 July 2018 via mobile

This is one of the best places to eat in Soldotna. The drinks were delicious, the staff is friendly, and the food was really good! My husband had the steak and I had the shrimp. The desert was good, but something about it was a little off, like it was oily or something.

We were here about 6 years ago and the place looks the same: old and dated inside. However, I’m just gonna rate the food—which was good! I’d recommend eating here.

Been to Mykel's? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK